*** Official #1 Baylor Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Regardless of steve's line-ups, coaching, etc. its pretty amazing that:

5 returning players basically didn't improve at all: Lewis, Griffin, Solo/Jake/Conditt
4 recruits: 0-4, 2 transfered before the season even started and we're getting nothing from jackson and grill
1 transfer: nixon, not ready for b12 ball

we're a mess right now.

i know its not proper CF ettiquette to criticize players, but they're all struggling horribly

Thanks for your post...I have a friend who is a season ticket holder and has the same opinions that you just expressed

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
TL was one of our more highly touted guys in recent years. Offers from Marquette, Auburn, Minnesota, Illinois, UNLV, a few others I think. Poor guy. Fell into the abyss.

Nah, he was a decent recruit but certainly not one of our most touted.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX

That was Johnny's first year. I'm older - My Frosh year was 1975 and we only won 3 games. Coach Trickey had to take over the team since previous coach John died of a heart attack the previous Spring. We did have league scoring leader Hercle Ivy on the team - kinda a Haliburton quality.
Yeah this team is bad; mostly concerned about the lack of offensive sets and execution.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
This. We can put blame on CSP all we want, but we don't have the horses to run with the majority of the Big XII right now. Simple as that. The scary part is I don't see any realistic hope for next season either with TH going pro.

We don't have the "horses" because Prohm sucks at roster management. And his coaching is a little suspect.

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
the ovation for Lewis was hilarious too. Prohm doesn’t want to talk about his attitude or him not buying in because fans and media would not stop asking questions. He can’t say the other players give a better chance to win because everything we’ve seen says otherwise. I guess we‘ll just live with Nixon blasting 3s off the backboard

• Agree
Reactions: Go2Guy

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Crazy stat - we've out rebounded 4 of last 6 teams...

We out rebounded Texas Tech because we missed 36 shots compared to their 21. Against Auburn we had 44 missed shots to their 33. We should out rebound a lot of teams because of how many more opportunities we have for offensive rebounds.

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Nixon was a miss... it happens. He’s probably better than what he’s shown but it looks like he’s not really giving 100%.

MJ needs talent around him. Last year proved that.

So basically they both suck and shouldn't be playing more than garbage time?

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
I love how mad fran is on the verge of a stroke screaming at refs for 40 minutes every game and the first time prohm gets mad in 2 months he gets a T.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

Cydwinder

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 9, 2010
London, UK
the ovation for Lewis was hilarious too. Prohm doesn’t want to talk about his attitude or him not buying in because fans and media would not stop asking questions. He can’t say the other players give a better chance to win because everything we’ve seen says otherwise. I guess we‘ll just live with Nixon blasting 3s off the backboard
Sometimes he doesn’t even get that close...