NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
They already have Jared Dudley, Dwight Howard, and Danny Green. I don’t think there’s many veteran journeymen left. Maybe Trevor Ariza?
I don't really follow this stuff but I've seen noise around moves

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
I never get to see Georges play so I did a search for some recent highlights and am posting a couple 1-minute videos of his recent (good) games:

15 pts vs. the Pacers (he takes D. McDermott to the hole)

Here are all of his possessions in a JAN 4 game - he scored 15 pts in this one as well:

(Does anyone know anything about this DownToBuck organization that puts together videos of non-stars and shows all their possessions in a game? That can't be cost-effective; most of these videos don't even have 1000 views. I have to be missing some information about them).

I love how Mitchell started fist pumping before Georges even shot one of his three's in the Magic highlights

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Great game from Monte today.l

I was away from the Net last night and was glad to see this post. Jamal Murray is still out for the Nuggets so there are minutes to be had. Monte did indeed have great numbers in the Nuggets' win over the Rockets: 35 MIN, 17 PTS, 7-15 FG, 3-6 3PT, 7 REB, 4 AST, 1 STL, 1 BLK and 1 TO.

There wasn't much on Twitter from the Nuggets with the whole situation with Kobe so I don't see any highlights.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
On Saturday night, the Thunder beat the T'wolves and Deonte got some quality minutes: 12 MIN, 5 PTS, 2-4 FG, 1-2 3PT, 3 REB and this one big block to start the fast break:

Nader was not with the team - he's not recovered from his ankle injury.

And on Sunday night, Nick Nurse went 10 deep - for a few minutes, anyway - and Matt Thomas got 3 minutes of PT in a tight win over the Spurs. He took no shots but recorded an assist.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Programming note for tonight: Utah Jazz vs. Houston Rockets on NBA TV tonight at 9pm ET / 8pm CT. You can check out Georges vs. the short-handed Rockets (no Westbrook, Harden or Capela -- who in the world is going to take shots for Houston?).

It seems that Nader is again unavailable for the Thunder again tonight.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Burton has 11! That has to be a season high for him.

I was thinking that, too and so I checked - he had 13 once early in the season. This was his first time in double figures in 2020, however. He ended up with a strange line - his 22 minutes led the OKC bench but the Thunder got a beatdown from Doncic and company. He ended up with 11 PTS on 5-11 shooting (1-3 from 3), after starting out 1-6 from the field. But how do you play that many minutes, jump like the video below and end up with zero rebounds? Flukey game for DB30. But he had another one of his highlight reel throwdowns:

"... elevates and detonates at the rim." That's a good line.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Weird game in Utah. The Jazz are off and it is turnover city. Niang actually is the calming force out in this 3rd quarter. Among all of the turnovers by his teammates, Niang had 2 assists and a nice drive and finish. Mitchell actually called Niang's # at the end of the 3rd and set him up for a 3, which Georges buried.

LanningIsBakersDaddy

Nov 7, 2019
Chicago, IL
Programming note for tonight: Utah Jazz vs. Houston Rockets on NBA TV tonight at 9pm ET / 8pm CT. You can check out Georges vs. the short-handed Rockets (no Westbrook, Harden or Capela -- who in the world is going to take shots for Houston?).

It seems that Nader is again unavailable for the Thunder again tonight.
Apparently Eric Gordon..... he's trying to drop a 40 piece tonight, ouch

• Useful
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I'm glad some of you got to see Georges - I no longer have NBA TV access - and it does sound like a strange game. The Jazz were home and came in red-hot but lost to the Rockets who were missing 3 of their top 4 players. Maybe the Rockets were inspired by not having to watch Harden dribble for 15 seconds. In the Jazz' previous game, Georges had a good first half (in 7 MIN PT) but then only played 4 minutes in the 2nd half. It sounds like he was a key rotation guy throughout this one.

His final line was 15 MIN, 5 PTS, 2-3 FG, 1-2 3PT, 4 REB, 3 AST, 2 STL and a +6, which was solid in a 9-point loss.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
The numbers don’t bear it out but I think Monte’s gotten craftier around the basket this year.