NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Matt Thomas got 12 MIN of PT (6 in the 1st half when they mattered and 6 in mop-up time) as the Raptors crushed Atlanta. He was 2-3 FG, 1-2 3PT for 5 PTS and also had 2 REB and 2 AST. He did, however, have to suffer the indignity of wearing the Raptors' purple dinosaur uniform.

I went to sleep not knowing if the world would end as a couple of you noted Monte's 4 turnovers in an ugly loss to Memphis. He had not had more than ONE in January and the last time he had as many as two - his previous high for the season - was in mid-December. His numbers started out good - at one point he was 2-2 from the field with 2 3's and an assist. He ended with this line: 3-8 FG, 2-5 3 PT, 9 PTS, 1-2 FT, 5 REB, 6 AST, 1 STL and 4 friggin TOs. The world did apparently keep turning though.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Nader got a couple minutes tonight so guess he's back.

Niang with 4 points and a couple boards. Not a great night though as 0-3 from 3

• Agree
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Great to see Monte handling at the end of the game and working pick and roll with Jokic

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The Niang-Morris cup last night was too late for me to watch it live so I will check it out on DVR tonight. The Nuggets won 106-100 and Monte started in place of the injured Jamal Murray. The Jazz have now lost 3 straight after winning 13 of 14.

Final line for Monte: 32 MIN, 7 PTS, 3-6 FG, 1-2 3PT, 1 REB, 4 AST and 2 TO.

Georges' numbers: 15 MIN, 10 PTS, 3-5 FG, 2-3 3PT, 2-2 FT, and 1 AST.

(47 minutes between the two of them and only ONE rebound!)

Matt Thomas got a DNP again for Toronto so he didn't add to the rebound total, either.

Reactions: cyclone101

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
The Niang-Morris cup last night was too late for me to watch it live so I will check it out on DVR tonight. The Nuggets won 106-100 and Monte started in place of the injured Jamal Murray. The Jazz have now lost 3 straight after winning 13 of 14.

Final line for Monte: 32 MIN, 7 PTS, 3-6 FG, 1-2 3PT, 1 REB, 4 AST and 2 TO.

Georges' numbers: 15 MIN, 10 PTS, 3-5 FG, 2-3 3PT, 2-2 FT, and 1 AST.

(47 minutes between the two of them and only ONE rebound!)

Matt Thomas got a DNP again for Toronto so he didn't add to the rebound total, either.

I watched the game. When George was spotted up in the corner which is where he seemed to end up the most last night, he headed back on defense the second that the shot was released. Sometimes even before if it was very late in the shot clock. Not even a thought of going in for the rebound. I saw other players doing the same. So the only chance he had for a rebound is when he drove the ball into the lane and either shot it or kicked it out which wasn't very often.

As a point guard Monte's first responsibility is to prevent a breakaway after a missed shot unless he is the one that initiated the play so not many chances for him to rebound either.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I watched the game. When George was spotted up in the corner which is where he seemed to end up the most last night, he headed back on defense the second that the shot was released. Sometimes even before if it was very late in the shot clock. Not even a thought of going in for the rebound. I saw other players doing the same. So the only chance he had for a rebound is when he drove the ball into the lane and either shot it or kicked it out which wasn't very often.

As a point guard Monte's first responsibility is to prevent a breakaway after a missed shot unless he is the one that initiated the play so not many chances for him to rebound either.
Yeah, that makes sense. But Georges usually gets a few defensive boards.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Morris had 14 points in a win against the Bucks. Didn’t see the game, but he played 29 minutes.

I was happy to see this when I got up. Monte got the start again with Gary Harris out and went 5-9 from the field, including this tough finish:

href="https://t.co/rUKZHwWo1o">pic.twitter.com/rUKZHwWo1o</a></p>&mdash; Denver Nuggets (@nuggets) <"">

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
All 3 teams with Cyclones on them that played last night won - the Nuggets beat the tough Bucks, the Raptors handled the Pistons fairly easily and OKC took out Phoenix.

Matt got two garbage minutes to avoid another DNP.

Good news and bad news for Cyclone fans in OKC -- Nader got back into the rotation after dealing with his ankle injury (11 minutes, 2 points) but it seems to be at Deonte Burton's expense. DB30 had a DNP.

(BB note: the Nuggets played 9 guys vs. the Bucks and every one of them scored in double figures. The lowest scorer had 10, the highest had 24. Unbelievable balance.)

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone and NWICY

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
All 3 teams with Cyclones on them that played last night won - the Nuggets beat the tough Bucks, the Raptors handled the Pistons fairly easily and OKC took out Phoenix.

Matt got two garbage minutes to avoid another DNP.

Good news and bad news for Cyclone fans in OKC -- Nader got back into the rotation after dealing with his ankle injury (11 minutes, 2 points) but it seems to be at Deonte Burton's expense. DB30 had a DNP.

(BB note: the Nuggets played 9 guys vs. the Bucks and every one of them scored in double figures. The lowest scorer had 10, the highest had 24. Unbelievable balance.)

What the Nuggets are doing right now is unbelievable. They are down 3 starters and their only backup center in Plumlee. With that they are still 7-3 in their last 10 games, with a brutal # of games in a few days.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron