Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
I don’t understand why this is insulting. His game is off speed. He doesn’t go right at anyone. He manipulates the defender into moving out of his way or get them airborne and jumping into contact. He’s good at post fundamentals.
That's a contradicting statement. When you go right at a guy, isnt your goal to manipulate them and get them out of position? He goes directly at his guy. He does have good foot work and he can hit outside shots so it makes him tough to defend. He absolutely invites contact.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
When will Iowa bubble burst? If I’m Iowa fan I’m truly hoping my team runs into a 2-3 game drought..

Iowa won what 9 straight?

Every team....Every team hits a wall.

Iowa better hope it doesn’t hit in about 3 weeks..

5 straight currently.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
That's a contradicting statement. When you go right at a guy, isnt your goal to manipulate them and get them out of position? He goes directly at his guy. He does have good foot work and he can hit outside shots so it makes him tough to defend. He absolutely invites contact.
I would describe Zion Williamson as going right at somebody. Gas pedal to the floor. You aren’t strong enough/athletic enough to stop it. No pivot required. No pump fake. No second pump fake. Pivot again?

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
I would describe Zion Williamson as going right at somebody. Gas pedal to the floor. You aren’t strong enough/athletic enough to stop it. No pivot required. No pump fake. No second pump fake. Pivot again?
Ok. I say going at someone is Iowa making a concerted effort to give Garza the ball in the post and if they play him straight up, he goes. They arent hiding it, they are feeding him the ball. Shaq certainly never had the gas pedal to the floor bringing it up but he certainly went right at people. It's a poor take. If Garza gets one on one he's taking it to score and get contact.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I do think it's a little ironic with the cheap shots and dirty plays how many times Woody would poke eyes or hold down opponents shoulders. The defenders of him said he was just awkward.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
When will Iowa bubble burst? If I’m Iowa fan I’m truly hoping my team runs into a 2-3 game drought..

For sure some losses are coming. It isn't a coincidence that Iowa's win streak has been 4 home games and a win on the road vs Northwestern. Iowa's next 5 road games are all against Quad 1 opponents, and Iowa would be lucky to go 2-3 in those 5 games, 1-4 is much more likely.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

Just took a peak at their schedule. It may be coming soon. They've put a nice run together with some impressive home wins and a couple dogs on the road. Coming up, they have some good teams on the road. Might be a different story considering how officiating works in college basketball. There are still enough creampuffs coming to Carver to avoid a complete meltdown, but I'd expect a significant cooling down to finish January and through February.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Didn't see the game but that box score explains it all. It's better to be lucky than good I guess. Lol wow when the whistle stops Iowa's in deep trouble

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Didn't see the game but that box score explains it all. It's better to be lucky than good I guess. Lol wow when the whistle stops Iowa's in deep trouble

Nobody believes you didn't watch.

Iowa wins and Oklahoma State doesn't cover....the never ending winter continues for you.

• Agree
Reactions: HawkFan1

Krug

Sep 4, 2010
Ankeny
Can you even imagine if this has happened to Iowa? Fran would have gotten two technicals and tossed from the game.... and then the Iowa players would have walked straight to the locker room when the game ended instead of shaking hands with the other team. They've done it before.

Thankfully Wisconsin has class though.
”when the whistles stop” lol. They won’t. It’s Iowa’s style to draw fouls and always has been. Even more so now that Luka is a monster and teams have no way to guard him other than foul. Maybe if you actually understood the sport you troll about you would know.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nobody believes you didn't watch.

Iowa wins and Oklahoma State doesn't cover....the never ending winter continues for you.

I watched Oklahoma State on my phone last night and didn't have control of the remote. If I was watching I would have been posting here, especially looking at the box score. Lol wow

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
A big reason for the Fran fade IMO

Are you going to be ok? I'm getting worried, as now all of your eggs are in the "Fran fade" basket. Did you ever dream you would get to this point, that you are just hoping and praying for a Fran fade to save your basketball season?

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Are you going to be ok? I'm getting worried, as now all of your eggs are in the "Fran fade" basket. Did you ever dream you would get to this point, that you are just hoping and praying for a Fran fade to save your basketball season?

I'm not praying for anything Iowa Basketball related lol

• Disagree
Reactions: isuno1fan

Help Support Us

Become a patron