KU vs KSU Brawl

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
I would have also preferred that DeSousa not bother and just stood there laughing at the guy but I have no problem with the clean block. If you want to "play to the whistle", then so be it.

I would have also preferred that after the block that DeSousa go celebrate wiping that little turd off the map with his teammates but he didnt. So give him a technical and move in.

Since you're such a pious, holier than thou fan, I am certain that you would have a serious problem with responding to a taunting technical by leaving the bench and attacking an opposing player, correct? Surely.you dont think that's an acceptable response to that, do you?
I do not think it was an acceptable response. In fact, I don’t think Dotson or the rest of the players that left the bench should have been allowed to play today. Both teams, not just KU.

• Disagree
Reactions: Halincandenza

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Huh? You carry on and on (and on) about the moral standards you prefer in your sports teams. It's not projecting anything, it's just remembering your post history.
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure those were my first posts on this thread. And you're calling me pious...but I thought you were oh so respectful of other posters. Matter of fact, the post you called pious wasn't even in response to you.
And yes, I want to be proud of my teams and the way they represent ISU both on and off the field/ court, and have been vocal about that fact. I don't find that to be a character flaw on my part, but maybe in KU fandom it is...

Reactions: fcclone

ChampFantana

Jan 30, 2009
Lamb stole the ball from us and went the length of the court for an emphatic windmill dunk. No one chased him down as it wouldn't impact the game result. ISU just watched him be a fool, and he missed his dunk in spectacular fashion. Lamb has provided us with a beloved highlight reel for about 10 years now.

KSU stole the ball from KU, went down the court for a slam dunk that would reduce the win from 19 pts to 17 pts. 2 KU players chased his ass down, blocked the shot and he ended up the ground with daSousa looming over him, barking at him.

I know which response I prefer from my team...

Congrats, I guess?

• Informative
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Was someone harmed by DeSousa standing there barking at the guy? No.

Tennessee committed a flagrant foul tonight against Kansas, intentionally hitting Garrett in the face with no effort to block the shot as Garrett went it for a shot. More harm.was done on that foul than DeSousa's.

Did the Kansas bench empty in response? No. Free throws. Then continue on. It's how it is supposed to be done.

LOL what?

It was obvious watching as a neutral fan that he was trying to block the shot. It was so blatant that he tried to help Garrett up afterwards?

Even Bilas was questioning the intent.

• Agree
Reactions: Peter

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
LOL what?

It was obvious watching as a neutral fan that he was trying to block the shot. It was so blatant that he tried to help Garrett up afterwards?

An Iowa State fan watching Kansas as a "neutral fan". That's a good one.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
LOL what?

I think if they view it as an excessive foul to the head or neck area it will be a foul regardless of whether their intent was to hit their head or not.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyched

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I think if they view it as an excessive foul to the head or neck area it will be a foul regardless of whether their intent was to hit their head or not.

They’ve been pretty consistent in assigning flagrant 1s when contact is made with the face, regardless of intent. I think the block/hit on Garrett Saturday fell into that category and the call was correct

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
You know, tuco, you've been on this thread for days now, explaining to the rest of us how Kansas takes the role of the big, bad villain in stride.....how they don't stoop to the Philistinian actions of their opponents, blah blah blah.

And yet you don't see anything wrong with deSousa's standover? Somehow that's not a bush league action?

I get these are kids, and athletics involve the release of adrenaline and testosterone. It's only natural that emotion will cloud a young man's actions. But don't give us the holier-than-thou speech when you're basically claiming Kansas is somehow above it all.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Was someone harmed by DeSousa standing there barking at the guy? No.

Tennessee committed a flagrant foul tonight against Kansas, intentionally hitting Garrett in the face with no effort to block the shot as Garrett went it for a shot. More harm.was done on that foul than DeSousa's.

Did the Kansas bench empty in response? No. Free throws. Then continue on. It's how it is supposed to be done.
I watched that live and if it is the play I remember the guy went for the ball but went through Garrett's head to get there. It is totally inaccurate to say "no effort to block the shot". The F1 was appropriate. As I recall the guy didn't go after Garrett while he was on the ground, either.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
LOL what?

They’ve been pretty consistent in assigning flagrant 1s when contact is made with the face, regardless of intent. I think the block/hit on Garrett Saturday fell into that category and the call was correct

I think Bilas was questioning the intent when the refs were going to the monitor and there was question as to whether it would be a F1 or F2. He was saying that it appeared there was intent to block the shot when he contacted the head so Bilas felt that the F1 was appropriate rather than an F2. I agreed with him when watching live and agreed even more when seeing the replay. I agreed even though I think Bilas is a pompous ass.

EDIT: I stand corrected. I just rewatched and Bilas actually was saying he didn't think it was a flagrant at all. I disagree - if your actions are dangerous whether your intent or not, it warrants an F1. But in this case the guy tried to see if the player was okay and help him up rather than rush to him to stand over and woof at him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Halincandenza

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Still waiting for all the outrage and calls for people to be thrown out of the sport after the huge brawl between the Texas southern and Alabama State women's teams. Dozens of punches thrown and landed. The longest suspension was a whopping 2 games.

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
Still waiting for all the outrage and calls for people to be thrown out of the sport after the huge brawl between the Texas southern and Alabama State women's teams. Dozens of punches thrown and landed. The longest suspension was a whopping 2 games.

200.webp

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Don't hold your breath.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
This is up there with dumbest all time post on this website.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Who ******* cares?

• Winner
Reactions: randomfan44

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Who ******* cares?
Sorry, it sure seemed like a ton of people here truly cared about the integrity of the game and the behavior of those in it. Lots of folks sure cared when it was a KU player who had "tarnished the sport and should never be allowed to play again".

Now that it isn't a KU player, people suddenly seem less interested in adherence to such a lofty moral standard.

Funny how that works...just found it interesting.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Sorry, it sure seemed like a ton of people here truly cared about the integrity of the game and the behavior of those in it. Lots of folks sure cared when it was a KU player who had "tarnished the sport and should never be allowed to play again".

Now that it isn't a KU player, people suddenly seem less interested in adherence to such a lofty moral standard.

Funny how that works...just found it interesting.
You seriously don't understand why there would be more interest in an incident in their own conference in men's basketball than an incident in mid/low major women's basketball?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron