Help! I'm Fat - *** Official Exercise and Weight Thread ***

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
At 202 lbs. gonna start my goal to get down to 185. If im not ~185 lbs. in 4-5 months ill ban myself.

Since I don't want you to be banned here is my diet suggestion. Look how fit Enes is.

• Friendly
Reactions: Cy$

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
It has definitely been a struggle for me recently.

A little person information here, but my family is VERY critical about everything I do. From the profession I chose (I quit my job as an engineer to start a software company) to the people I date, my family doesn't approve of most of my actions. When I went home for the holidays, all I got from my mother, brother and grandmother was "Wow, you've gained so much weight!" and "hey fattie, how's that belt doing?". It's awful.

My parents even sat me down out of nowhere and said "We've been thinking, we think you should go on blood pressure medication" without any medical testing or any prior discussion on my blood pressure.

So yea, I kinda relapsed a bit and I am very embarrassed by it.

I'm thinking of going on the carnivore diet the rest of this month like Joe Rogan. He says the best thing that he's notice is the boost in energy he has all day. This past few weeks, I could have really used that energy to get me feeling better. It's worth a try!

This has probably already been mentioned, but have you tried Noom? My cousin started it right after Christmas and has already lost 10 lbs. He says he's really liking it so far. Everything is through your phone? I think? Good luck man.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
At 202 lbs. gonna start my goal to get down to 185. If im not ~185 lbs. in 4-5 months ill ban myself.

This is the kinda inspiration I need from the FG thread. Off to LifeTime to do some light weights and run on the track and not die too much.

• Winner
Reactions: Cy$

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
5-day detox Day 1: Not bad. The morning shake tasted fine and the lunch one is fine. I went home and worked out at noon so now the appetite is it's strongest. I feel normal right now which I expected on day one but whatever was in that morning powder really got things moving this morning, if you know what I mean.

I'm used to having a Super Bowl like spread for the CFB Championship but that's off the table. Salad time I suppose. Going to be an interesting week.

dfwcy

Oct 20, 2008
5-day detox Day 1: Not bad. The morning shake tasted fine and the lunch one is fine. I went home and worked out at noon so now the appetite is it's strongest. I feel normal right now which I expected on day one but whatever was in that morning powder really got things moving this morning, if you know what I mean.

I'm used to having a Super Bowl like spread for the CFB Championship but that's off the table. Salad time I suppose. Going to be an interesting week.

I can relate to this somewhat, I started Intermittent Fasting last monday 1/6 so no eating anything after 7pm for me and usually 630 has been the latest if I can help it. I was getting ready to watch the National Championship game and all I had was a glass of water. I just laughed and told my wife this was freaking sad. However I am down 8 lbs in basically 10 days and waiting til 11am or 1130 isnt so tough. I have a trip to Hawaii in just over 5 weeks so I have a goal and a hard time frame so that helps with the motivation.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Watched this video and thought it would be informative for this thread. Jordan is awesome. Give him a follow on social media. He is a no BS kind of guy and it is very refreshing in the fitness industry.

• Winner
Reactions: BoxsterCy

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just wrapped up my yearly physical. BP is 116/68 Weight is down 2 lbs (down seven from 2 years ago) to 230 lbs at 6' 1".

My good cholesterol is down a couple of points and by bad cholesterol is down 9 points. Total cholesterol is 180 down 12 points from last year.

Nothing to cheer about but everything overall is pretty normal.

dfwcy

Oct 20, 2008
I am gonna keep this thread alive.. I started my IF 2 weeks ago and I am down 10 lbs. Started at 196 (terribly pathetic) and am just over 186 now (digital scale). I have 5 weeks til vacation and my goal is 173 which will be light for sure but its my goal so I am not changing it now. I`m 5 `11 BTW. I`m trying to change my IF from 16/8 to 17/7 and eventually 18/6. How is the OP doing?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Haven't checked in in a while. I was around 212 at the end of October, and then November brought shingles and December brought gall stones. I managed to mostly maintain my weight through the holidays, and this morning I weighed in at 204 pounds. So all in all I'm feeling pretty good. Looking forward to warmer weather so I can start occasionally running again. The next couple months could be really tough. I start grad school next week, and that's going to cut into the time I have available to exercise.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Haven't checked in in a while. I was around 212 at the end of October, and then November brought shingles and December brought gall stones. I managed to mostly maintain my weight through the holidays, and this morning I weighed in at 204 pounds. So all in all I'm feeling pretty good. Looking forward to warmer weather so I can start occasionally running again. The next couple months could be really tough. I start grad school next week, and that's going to cut into the time I have available to exercise.

Yeah, I mean, so other than the shingles and gall stones, life's pretty good!

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I'm cracking along. I talked about that detox. It lasted two days and we went right to whole 30 foods because we both felt awful and workouts were just a slog. I'm really starting to get into a groove now. I've had a shake or nothing for lunch every weekday for the last two weeks. Last weekend we did our pizza night on Sunday as my only meal and I was shocked how little I ate. Easily half of what I would have done under those circumstances. Saturday consisted of a pretty heavy breakfast and Saturday night was a gumbo I made. I haven't had pop in two weeks and don't really have a desire too. With the partial detox and decent eating I was down 8 lbs this week but I feel like I'm just kind of hitting my stride as I feel much better during workouts and I'm getting more and more out of them.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Shingles bites the big one. Haven't weighed myself in 3 weeks. Been on the road since last Wednesday and have been bad the last few days

dfwcy

Oct 20, 2008
Started on Monday Jan 6th with IF and am down 13lbs since then and it has not even been 3 full weeks yet. 4 weeks til vacation and I want 10 more lbs off. My eating window is smaller now 6-7 hours max and so far this has not been too difficult. I am actually ahead of the pace I set for myself but I know the last 5 lbs will be the toughest.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Just weighed myself, down 31 lbs since Aug 22. Was hoping to be down 35 but I'll take it for all the time I've spent on the road lately. 19 more to reach the goal I initially set.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
My Garmin fitness tracker is now linked to MyFitnessPal app.

This will give me a better window into calories burned vs calories eaten

Just logging what I eat has started to help. Almost 50 with a new baby. No more screwing around

• Friendly
Reactions: cowgirl836

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
My Garmin fitness tracker is now linked to MyFitnessPal app.

This will give me a better window into calories burned vs calories eaten

Just logging what I eat has started to help. Almost 50 with a new baby. No more screwing around

Get out pushing that stroller along,good for everyone especially if kiddo is crying.