KU vs KSU Brawl

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
After seeing it a several times on ESPN now, this is being portrayed as way worse than it actually was because of DeSousa picking up the stool. Without that, people aren't freaking out as much.
By the way, you can make one of the pics with DeSousa and the chair into a some kind of modern day Caravaggio. Just add some dramatic downward lighting and it would be good to go. There are people reaching out with their hands, people falling down etc. You could call it The Martyrdom of St. Love

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Wondered if anyone would mention that.

The five persons listed as witnesses in the police report are members of the Jayhawks’ basketball team: Frank Mason III, Mitch Lightfoot, Lagerald Vick, Tucker Vang and Josh Jackson. A KU athletic department administrator and two 19-year-old women were others interviewed, according to the police report.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
This is all on Self. Just a lack of institutional control. Insert “Kung Fu Fighting” song.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
The image makes it look worse than it was, is what I am saying.

Which one? This......................

c4d038a3-67cb-47ad-adc2-96b918636996-GTY_1201066938.JPG

or this.....................

EO2rmxSW4AAdMcF

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Smart definitely deserved more than what he got, but it doesn't change that De Sousa's actions led to a 25+ person brawl where he had to be restrained from bashing someone with a chair and other people were throwing punches and ghetto stomping others on the floor.

Smart let a heckling fan get to him, briefly shoved him, and was restrained and removed from the game by his teammates. Which leads to the second point - None of KU's players made any attempt to restrain De Sousa or deescalate the situation, they either let him go hog wild or gleefully joined in with him.
KSU's players leaving the bench and pushing DeSousa resulted in a brawl.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
This is all on Self. Just a lack of institutional control. Insert “Kung Fu Fighting” song.

Jason Whitlock is contending today that the top 100 movers and shakers in Lawrence have seen enough. He's predicting this will be Self's last year at KU and he'll head to NBA.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Which one? This......................

c4d038a3-67cb-47ad-adc2-96b918636996-GTY_1201066938.JPG

or this.....................

EO2rmxSW4AAdMcF

" 'It's entire impossible to derive intent from this photo. There is a distinct possibility that De Sousa, while attempting to protect the other innocent bystanders, noticed that this chair had become dislodged and could have created a tripping hazard to other onlookers, so he lifted it in the air in and effort to make sure no one tripped and fell. A real hero when you really think about it."

-- randomfan44 ' "

-Clonefan32

Last edited:

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I imagine both schools are taking coaching from their legal teams and the B12 offices presently. Thus, you're not hearing much. Ku got out front by suspending DeSousa. That was pretty easy to do, wasn't it. But they nor K-State, other than sitting James Love who never plays anyway, neither wants to sit others for extended periods. Ku obviously has a lot at risk here and on multiple levels.
Has K State made any sort of announcement on punishments? No actions taken against Antonio Gordon for throwing punches yet by "classy" Bruve Weber?

Last edited:

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
"It's entire impossible to derive intent from this photo. There is a distinct possibility that De Sousa, while attempting to protect the other innocent bystanders, noticed that this chair had become dislodged and could have created a tripping hazard to other onlookers, so he lifted it in the air in and effort to make sure no one tripped and fell. A real hero when you really think about it."

-- randomfan44
Please do not assign fake quotes to me. I say enough dumb things on here that you should have ample, real quotes to use.

Thanks!

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
After seeing it a several times on ESPN now, this is being portrayed as way worse than it actually was because of DeSousa picking up the stool. Without that, people aren't freaking out as much.
By the way, you can make one of the pics with DeSousa and the chair into a some kind of modern day Caravaggio. Just add some dramatic downward lighting and it would be good to go. There are people reaching out with their hands, people falling down etc. You could call it The Martyrdom of St. Love

In fact, if it weren't for all the pushing, shoving, brawling, and chair-smacking, it wouldn't be a very big deal at all.

I bet it wouldn't make the news if it weren't for that.
vauEUgn.gif

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Oh so DeSousa didn't receive a technical foul before the K-State players left the bench?
I have seen easily 2 dozen players receive technical fouls in college basketball this year.

NONE of the opponents of the players who received those technicals seem to have felt the need to rush out onto the court and assault that player. Why is that?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I have seen easily 2 dozen players receive technical fouls in college basketball this year.

NONE of the opponents of the players who received those technicals seem to have felt the need to rush out onto the court and assault that player. Why is that?

You've two dozen kids knock another player to the floor and stand over him, this season? I've seen one guy do that.

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL
KSU's players leaving the bench and pushing DeSousa resulted in a brawl.

You keep attempting to make it seem like DeSousa was all by himself and the KSU players came out of nowhere to shove him. DeSousa is clearly standing over the player taunting, while there are 2 more KU players essentially right on top as well. While the other 2 players weren't taunting, it's easy to see why the KSU players were quick to move in to defend their teammate.

JMlSXak.png

• Winner
Reactions: JP4CY and CyTwins

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron