*** Official Oklahoma State Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Kevin Slifka

Nov 22, 2019
Was nice to see 3 guys over 20 points last night. Bolton started off on fire, then slowed down in the 2nd half. It was nice to see Young play with some fire in his belly. This team has missed that this year. We miss having a guy like Lard who is unpredictable bur ridiculously athletic. A guy that makes the other team think twice about going inside. Solo was swatting everything last night. Fun to watch!

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes and Cyfanisu

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Amazing what happens when you make some outside shots.
Game looks a lot different when those open 3's actually go in. Hali and Bolton shot a combined 67% from 3, that's just absurd.

The only thing that kept the game close was sloppy handling (and a little bit of interesting officiating, but that's irrelevant). They were awful under the press, which I thought was strange because we easily broke it in a few games earlier this year. Bad day on that, I guess.

There were other episodes of terrible passing/handling too, all culminating to a disastrous 19 turnovers. Bolton, Young, Conditt and Hali were responsible for most of them. Conditt generally had a bad game, logging 3 fouls and 3 turnovers in just 10 game minutes.

On the bright side, shooting was infinitely better and Young and Bolton largely controlled the game. 51% total shooting, 46% from 3, 85% FTs (on 30+ attempts), 39 boards, 20 assists on 25 baskets, some steals and blocks... Not a whole lot to complain about here, other than the turnovers. I get that OKST isn't good, but we still went out there and beat a team we should beat, and it wasn't all that close for most of the game.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
I thought we were the worst team in the conference with a mid-major coaching staff and roster?

We might make 9th place! Good thing we have the tie-breaker with KSU & OSU for worst loss. Way to go Florida A&M!

• Funny
Reactions: Cyfanisu

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
We really need an assistant coach who knows how to best coach our bigs. Prohm really runs no plays for them and they just spend the majority of the game setting screens for our guard-oriented offense. Under a different coach who knows how to utilize bigs (like Scott Drew, for example) Young and Conditt would be the type of players we hate to play against.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I thought for sure OSU would be better this year. They have some good players and played hard last year and looked good at times. Nevertheless, it was good for ISU to get that win. Have to beat those bottom teams at home.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfanisu

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
We really need an assistant coach who knows how to best coach our bigs. Prohm really runs no plays for them and they just spend the majority of the game setting screens for our guard-oriented offense. Under a different coach who knows how to utilize bigs (like Scott Drew, for example) Young and Conditt would be the type of players we hate to play against.

Or Self. He runs a ton of plays to get bigs good looks near the basket.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
It was far from perfect, and even far from pretty, but it was a win. At this point, I'll take it. Definitely needed with three of the next four games against ranked opponents.