KU vs KSU Brawl

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eh, this whole thing happened because the entire Kansas State team.left the bench and attacked DeSousa.

I actually don't mind you as much as a lot of others on here do, but this is a really stupid post and you should feel stupid for thinking it, much less writing it.

That was a pathetic display all around, but you can't acknowledge any wrongdoing on the part of your precious Jayhawks.

Pathetic.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Richard Vitale jumping on board now-- "DeSousa should never wear a college uniform again". Also said he's "never seen anything like it in 40 years."
And that's with only one eye-- come on KU!

The closest I can think of is Cincy-Xavier. For reference, the Cincy player who landed the punch got 6 games. A couple other players on Cincy got 6, and some Xavier players got 4. One Xavier player got a game for calling his team “gangsters not thugs” in the postgame press conference.

• Informative
Reactions: Snydes

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Remember how KU fans are all worked up over Weatherwax not taking kindly to KU players’ end-of-game behavior? Maybe they should just expect their players to not be douchebags.

Only KU players get to act like ass-hats at the end of games.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
The punches thrown, attempting to use a chair as a weapon and stomping someone while the are on the ground should be major suspensions. Lots of small suspensions for leaving the bench during a fight.

Kstate steal might have been little brother, but you see those attempts at the end of a game ALL the time.

Blocking the layup at the buzzer was bush league.

Three palyers standing over the kstate player taunting him was a total **** move.

Kstate street clothes shoving KU players is suspendable, but not out of the range of a normal fight.

Punches thrown by De Souza and 1 by Kstate street clothes is a big suspension.

De Souza attempting to use a stool as a weapon is unprecedented.

McCormack and Garrett foot stomping Kstate street clothes is borderline criminal and should be an unprecedented suspension.

I think you got it all.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The closest I can think of is Cincy-Xavier. For reference, the Cincy player who landed the punch got 6 games. A couple other players on Cincy got 6, and some Xavier players got 4. One Xavier player got a game for calling his team “gangsters not thugs” in the postgame press conference.

Mick Cronin put the fear of God into me during that post game and X is the God school.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Does fighting someone in street clothes change the criminality of this thing? Assault charges aren’t really a thing player v player (see hockey) but does that change when fans get involved?