****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
@PurePrepHoops Iowa State's Steve Prohm and Daniyal Robinson, also Texas A&M Buzz Williams will watch Aquan Smart tonight @AquanSmart3 @RL_Hoops @WHS_HWClassic

Reactions: isu83

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I don’t necessarily think targeting another HS kid means Blackwell won’t make it. I’d imagine we have 2 open scholarships at the end of the year. (Not speculating which.) Maybe Prohm is willing to take 5 HS kids because of what happened in last years class. I wonder if signing 4 and already being down to 2 is impacting how many he’d be willing to take.

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
I don’t necessarily think targeting another HS kid means Blackwell won’t make it. I’d imagine we have 2 open scholarships at the end of the year. (Not speculating which.) Maybe Prohm is willing to take 5 HS kids because of what happened in last years class. I wonder if signing 4 and already being down to 2 is impacting how many he’d be willing to take.

I agree, take 5 kids every year and send 1 or 2 to the nba. The days of balancing classes seem to be over.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
If a high school kid is good enough you take him. That’s my opinion. Eventually u will have one or two transfer and u can always hit the transfer market on the misses

• Agree
Reactions: LLCoolCY

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Class balance is such a stupid consideration.

You take the best player available, period.

I don't think it is something that shouldn't be considered but is way lower on the importance scale than overall talent. U always take the best talent first no matter their age, as we've seen Freshman (Wigginton, THT, and Haliburton) can be better players right away than a grad transfer.

Plus predicting the roster year to year is impossible, look no farther than this year ISU class going from 4 to 2 in October.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
IN this day and age it's almost impossible if you are getting good recruits and some of them are going pro. It's hard to do. You can be like Iowa, get average recruits that won't go pro and win games that way. However, if we want to make a run at the title someday we are going to have to try and get some 2 and done type guys which makes it hard to keep the class numbers right.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
@PurePrepHoops Iowa State's Steve Prohm and Daniyal Robinson, also Texas A&M Buzz Williams will watch Aquan Smart tonight @AquanSmart3 @RL_Hoops @WHS_HWClassic

He looks to be getting stronger and his outside shot seems to have improved. Below is a highlight from the game CSP and Buzz Williams attended. Athleticism and length have never been an issue in older highlight videos.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I looked up our 3pt% and was shocked to see we are 7th in the conference. KState, WVU and OSU are all shooting a worse % from three. That doesn't seem possible.
We're dead last in 3pt % given up too lol. We're allowing conference opponents to shoot 43% against us. That's unbelievable as well.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I looked up our 3pt% and was shocked to see we are 7th in the conference. KState, WVU and OSU are all shooting a worse % from three. That doesn't seem possible.

We’ve gotten spoiled with good shooting over the years. Also tend to forget all the bad shooting games Naz and Georges had. Naz had some terrible cold spells.

Help Support Us

Become a patron