Bruce Plays Defense

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Surly doesn’t like him because he supposedly cheated at KSU and then left after only a year.
Actually, I think the world of Huggins although his recruitment of Beasley was wrapped crooked, no doubt. But Huggins wasn't coaching then as crooked Billy Boy Self has been all along. There's no crooked like Billy Boy and his Ku "program." Huggins, on the other hand, brought the K-State MBB program back from the dreadful dead.

Last edited:

ChampFantana

Jan 30, 2009
Actually, I think the world of Huggins although his recruitment of Beasley was wrapped crooked, no doubt. But Huggins wasn't coaching then as crooked Billy Boy Self has been all along. There's no crooked like Billy Boy and his Ku "program." Huggins, on the other hand, brought the K-State MBB program back from the dreadful dead.

Fair to say that he brought KSU basketball back by cheating?

Was Frank Martin a cheater while at KSU?

Reactions: Raider

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
The E8 is the only year Bruce has won a postseason NCAA tournament game in now his 8th year there.
I don't think Prohm cheats or puts up with entitlement either, just surprised you don't think his seat is warm at the minimum.
Wow, that's a pretty shocking stat.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Currie sent him/picked where he went?
Martin, you may recall, was always shopping himself like a street corner *****. Whether it was USC,e, Miami, or some other place, he knew his time in Manhattan was limited due to his "style," recruiting techniques, and John Currie.

"Gary Parrish of CBS Sports reports that Frank Martin would walk over a bed of hot coals to take the Miami job if Miami will commit the resources to its basketball program. That's the big question: will Miami make that kind of commitment? Martin is a terrific coach and a Miami native. I'm not sure the U will ever have a chance like this again. Given its history and its lack of commitment to basketball, Miami might not ever have a chance to get a coach this good again." UF247

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Martin, you may recall, was always shopping himself like a street corner *****. Whether it was USC,e, Miami, or some other place, he knew his time in Manhattan was limited due to his "style," recruiting techniques, and John Currie.

"Gary Parrish of CBS Sports reports that Frank Martin would walk over a bed of hot coals to take the Miami job if Miami will commit the resources to its basketball program. That's the big question: will Miami make that kind of commitment? Martin is a terrific coach and a Miami native. I'm not sure the U will ever have a chance like this again. Given its history and its lack of commitment to basketball, Miami might not ever have a chance to get a coach this good again." UF247
In typical Surly form, you didn't answer the question.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Bruce has struggled in the tourney at K-State but there's so much luck that goes into that tournament. He took an Illinois team to the championship game, losing to a monster UNC team that killed everyone. I think Bruce is a good coach. No way his seat should be warm, but if he goes another couple years at the bottom of the conference it will warm up in a hurry. That's just the way college sports is. Interesting thread, but why does Surly bring up KU in every single thread, even ones that have nothing to do with KU? Strange attraction.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I still have no clue what the question is, guys?

97 - Selton Miguel - 4*
123 - Nigel Pack - 4*
135 - Davion Bradford - 4*
148 - Luke Kasubke - 3*

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
He's always on the floor and needs to get trucked over.
(Yes I know the photo is funny)
I just wonder if an opposing player with the ball accelerated and ran into Bruce on the floor if the Big 12 officials would have the balls to call the technical foul on Bruce. What about if they threw a pass through Bruce while he was on the floor. The coach isn't like an official so they would have to call something wouldn't they if a live ball hit a coach on the playing surface? Especially if it was a pass from out top to the corner so there is a chance it isn't going out of bounds if Bruce has his ass in the coach's box.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
GettyImages-921766398.jpg
I just wonder if an opposing player with the ball accelerated and ran into Bruce on the floor if the Big 12 officials would have the balls to call the technical foul on Bruce. What about if they threw a pass through Bruce while he was on the floor. The coach isn't like an official so they would have to call something wouldn't they if a live ball hit a coach on the playing surface?
A lot of coaches spend too much time doing this sort of stuff. Some of the worst are Tom Crean, Tom Izzo, and Bobby Hurley. They all operate within the rules of the game though. So, I'm not sure what the issue is here. If your guy was up and about, I doubt you'd be commenting about it. Or is this just bait-Surly Tuesday?

225010_hurleymine_w26di8.jpg

633457030.0.jpg

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
A lot of coaches spend too much time doing that sort of stuff. Some of the worst are Tom Crean, Tom Izzo, and Bobby Hurley. They all operate within the rules of the game though. So, I'm not sure what the issue is here. If your guy was up and about, I doubt you'd be commenting about it. Or is this just baiting Surly Tuesday?
I didn't post about Tom Crean, Tom Izzo or Bobby Hurley because this is a thread about Bruce. The rules provide for a technical foul in such a case, I'm curious if his being on the floor ever interferes with the game if they will have the balls to call it. It seems that players try to avoid him which becomes a defacto advantage for his team reducing the playing area they need to defend. It would be interesting if players were coached to go through him if he is in the way. What is baiting about that?

Reactions: JP4CY