Bruce Plays Defense

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
The E8 is the only year Bruce has won a postseason NCAA tournament game in now his 8th year there.
I don't think Prohm cheats or puts up with entitlement either, just surprised you don't think his seat is warm at the minimum.
KState won a Big 12 title LAST SEASON, and you think his seat should be warm?

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: BigCyFan and surly

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
The E8 is the only year Bruce has won a postseason NCAA tournament game in now his 8th year there.
I don't think Prohm cheats or puts up with entitlement either, just surprised you don't think his seat is warm at the minimum.
And Weber's worst finish in conference was 8th. Prohm is about to be 10th for the second time in 3 years.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Calm down. I don't think its absurd at all.

And who could have come to Manhattan? Brad Underwood.
Kansas native, alum, got SFA to win a tournament game in 2 out of 3 years.
Got Okie State to the tournament, and they are regressing without him.
Looks like he's turning Illinois around.

Now, he may be a grump but I'll take a grump that knows the territory and can win.
Brad Underwood COULD turn out to be a better coach than Bruce Webber, but there is zero evidence of that so far.

• Agree
Reactions: surly

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I

I'd rather have the guy that's won 2 Big 12 titles, 2 Big 10 titles and already took Illinois to the NCAA championship game
That's fine and that's your opinion. That Illinois team was stacked from Bill Self, better than what Hoiberg left Prohm, and like I said, Prohm's seat is getting warm.

• Winner
Reactions: Raider

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
There's a lot of schadenfreude in this thread but it certainly lacks logic.
Bruce Weber has made the second weekend once if you include this season in the last 15 years. I think most people would be surprised to hear that.

• Agree
Reactions: ChampFantana

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
My point is he doesn't cheat like Ku, one of if not the dirtiest programs in the country. Thus, he has down years and, and his squads are not deep with talent. So losing someone like Dean Wade was more than a major blow during the tournament last year. The McGruder team was Weber's first at K-State. He won a conference championship with them, something not done here for a couple decades. He also took a Wade'less team to the E8 - a marvelous coaching job. Anyone suggesting he's not a fine coach is delusional.
How marvelous it was to be GIFTED a 16 seed in the second round of that tourney. Lol.

We’ll see if KSU’s recruiting classes turn out any good. The odds are, they won’t be great.

Bruce is a solid coach. Nothing more, nothing less.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Written before the E8 run:
https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article133317214.html
https://kckingdom.com/2017/02/25/k-state-basketball-bruce-weber-hot-seat/

I do think Bruce has bought himself some more time after the E8 but to say it wasn't warm is funny.
What's your opinion if he doesn't make the tournament next year?

No one said his seat wasn't warm/hot after losing Marcus Foster and three others 5 years ago and then replacing them with freshmen starters Brown, Stokes, and Wade. What's silly is to say it's warm/hot today after their E8 run and last year's B12 championship.

Next year's results will be based on playing two senior starters, Carti Diarra and David Sloan, and probably three sophomores. Personally, I don't see Weber leaving K-State until he retires. He's too good a coach and person.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
What's silly is to say it's hot today .
What's sillier is you lying by that statement.
Hot=/=me asking if you think his seat is getting warm. I haven't said the word "hot" at all.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
What's sillier is you lying by that statement.
Hot=/=me asking if you think his seat is getting warm. I haven't said the word "hot" at all.
So, now we're arguing nuance.

close-up-of-a-woman-biting-her-lower-lip-XC447A.jpg

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
My point is he doesn't cheat like Ku, one of if not the dirtiest programs in the country. Thus, he has down years and, and his squads are not deep with talent. So losing someone like Dean Wade was more than a major blow during the tournament last year. The McGruder team was Weber's first at K-State. He won a conference championship with them, something not done here for a couple decades. He also took a Wade'less team to the E8 - a marvelous coaching job. Anyone suggesting he's not a fine coach is delusional.

KU is clean. If they weren't they would have been sanctioned.

ChampFantana

Jan 30, 2009
I would love if Bob Huggins logged into CF. He's a grump and his teams are maybe the game I look least forward to outside of Iowa but I've heard he's a riot to have beers with.

Surly doesn’t like him because he supposedly cheated at KSU and then left after only a year.