Another 15 point loss

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I agree. I’ve heard from many, many people who are not renewing season tickets next year. Hopefully Jamie will notice and rebuild Iowa State basketball.

people in the upper bowl not renewing season tickets isnt going to make one difference to jamie.

if Prohm isnt in ames next fall it means he took another job on his own accord or one of the power boosters at ISU (Sukup, Bergstrom, etc) stepped up and wrote a buyout check.

Cyfanisu

Mar 31, 2019
people in the upper bowl not renewing season tickets isnt going to make one difference to jamie.

if Prohm isnt in ames next fall it means he took another job on his own accord or one of the power boosters at ISU (Sukup, Bergstrom, etc) stepped up and wrote a buyout check.
We are in the lower bowl and are not renewing. Loosing so much in Hilton is depressing

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Jamie only cares about football. It’s the only sport that really makes $$$ and he’s a $$$ man. I think we have at least 2 years after this one of some really bad losing with Prohm.

Last edited:

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
My best case scenario for the season is to beat the second half of the league half the time. Because ISU clearly isn’t ready to compete with the upper half.

Get ready for more ass kicking on the road and at home.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
It’s really sad that I was just cheering to keep it within 20 for both these games. I can’t even get the confidence in the team to think we have a chance.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Nebraska Dream Job is 7-10.....it will keep my interest to see who has the better record at the end of the year. Maybe a CBI tourney match up? kidding.
Other than that ......not too interested. We had two of our "shooters" go 0-9 on threes......and this is basically the same cats I saw do poorly back in the early weeks of December.
Fascinating circumstances...how do you recruit Pride? Hoiberg struck gold with Kane and Niang, but it certainly seems to be something we are not recruiting or cultivating now.

• Winner
Reactions: everyyard

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
I could see us winning 2 or 3 more home games and probably 0 road games... maybe home wins vs OSU, TCU, or K-State? I’ll still go to all of the home games though.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
really wierd how much Hoiberg looks like Mike Riley. Cornhuskers loving it. Indiana sucks.

yoteforever

Dec 24, 2008
Jamie only cares about football. It’s the only sport that really makes $$$ and he’s a $$$ man. I think we have at least 2 years after this one of some really bad losing with Prohm.

I totally understand everyone’s frustration and it’s likely not to change. There just isn’t enough talent to change it unfortunately, but I’m not going to read your post and not reply to your totally inaccurate post. Jamie Pollard is the best thing that happened to Iowa State athletics in decades. He has pulled our sports programs out of the dark ages and made us competitive in all sports.

Any sport at Iowa State is subject to big swings because first, we don’t have long term national brand recognition in any sport. Recruiting to Ames is tough. Once you get the right coach in place then it gets a little easier, but never easy. Second, we simply don’t have the revenue the big boys do. Things like travel come into play. Texas,Oklahoma, Kansas basketball charter darn near everywhere. We have to go to Des Moines. We have to pick up recruits and their families in Des Moines. It’s just another thing against us.

Lastly for you to say the only revenue sport Jamie cares about is football is absolutely absurd. I truly wished you knew his heart and all the things he does for all sports and if you did, I don’t think you’d play tough guy behind the keyboard shooting off your mouth. Jamie’s in a tough position right now, but I trust his judgement. It’s probably gonna be a tough year, but I’d rather support Iowa State than any other in this region or league.

it’s easy to jump on the bandwagon. I’d bet you’d be the first one back on when the winning returns. And it will return.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I totally understand everyone’s frustration and it’s likely not to change. There just isn’t enough talent to change it unfortunately, but I’m not going to read your post and not reply to your totally inaccurate post. Jamie Pollard is the best thing that happened to Iowa State athletics in decades. He has pulled our sports programs out of the dark ages and made us competitive in all sports.

Any sport at Iowa State is subject to big swings because first, we don’t have long term national brand recognition in any sport. Recruiting to Ames is tough. Once you get the right coach in place then it gets a little easier, but never easy. Second, we simply don’t have the revenue the big boys do. Things like travel come into play. Texas,Oklahoma, Kansas basketball charter darn near everywhere. We have to go to Des Moines. We have to pick up recruits and their families in Des Moines. It’s just another thing against us.

Lastly for you to say the only revenue sport Jamie cares about is football is absolutely absurd. I truly wished you knew his heart and all the things he does for all sports and if you did, I don’t think you’d play tough guy behind the keyboard shooting off your mouth. Jamie’s in a tough position right now, but I trust his judgement. It’s probably gonna be a tough year, but I’d rather support Iowa State than any other in this region or league.

it’s easy to jump on the bandwagon. I’d bet you’d be the first one back on when the winning returns. And it will return.
Interesting you think I’m off the “bandwagon.” Do I think the current coaching regime is doomed? 100%, but I’m always an Iowa State fans.

Secondly, I watched JP let McDermott come back for a 5th year when his records were 15-16, 6-10; 14-18, 4-12; 15-16, 4-12; and 15-17, 4-12. That’s 4 strait losing seasons with zero success with that 4th team losing almost everyone and little hope with the incoming recruiting class, and McDermott was all set to come back. The amount of money basketball generates isn’t enough to offset Prohms buyout, so if it doesn’t make money to get rid of Prohm he will continue coaching here. Similar thing happened with the wrestling program. Love it or hate it, Men’s Basketball makes a very tiny fraction of the revenue football does and the rest of the sports make zero.

Your statement about the recruiting and the airport being too far makes you sound like Paul Rhoads.

CyState85

May 8, 2019
This team doesn’t fit what ISU has done in years past. We have no 3 pt threat, no stretch 4, and literally one guy who can dribble the ball. When you can’t shoot, stretch the floor, or break down the defense off the dribble, it’s gonna be a long season. I don’t see it improving next year either

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
IMO it's pretty rash to get rid of Prohm after this season. I think he should get 2020/21 season to turn things around.

That said, a few things need to happen:
  1. Coaching Staff Shake-up. No illusions that Prohm can attract a top Assistant. Probably best we can hope for is a rising youngster.
  2. Roster Turnover. Some tough discussions/decisions need to be made on the bulk of the roster. We need serious competition among our top 10. That might mean jettisoning dead weight or making sure they understand they might be sitting end of the bench.
  3. ISU needs to be prepared to add 4 sprng signees. We need to be hitting the JUCO's and unsigned HS kids hard.