Is Lewis injured because

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
There are guys getting minutes that are much worse defensively and offensively than Lewis. Terrence isn’t going to turn this season around, but we got guys getting minutes that we get nothing from whereas Terrence gives you something. Which is a constant theme of prohms.

Who's getting minutes that are worse defensively than Lewis?

• Funny
Reactions: NoCreativity

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
"But did he deserve to start because he was injured? Yeah, he did. Is he a starter? No question. Did I let him down in ways? You probably could say that."

Prohm to Hines, 2 weeks after we lost to Ohio State after admitting Lindell hadn’t talked to him since the loss.

Why doesn’t Lewis play? Well, because I don’t think Prohm has a good read on things until it’s all said and done and he has a couple weeks to reflect.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Who is significantly better?

What did he do to get 36 minutes last game, and zero last night?

I mean Lewis is our worst defender and that's not a secret. I was just asking who was worse than him since that is what was stated

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Lol, this team is ranked 130th right now in ADJD which is by far the worst of any Iowa State team going back to 2007 and you are worried about him coming in and not playing defense?

Actually it's 101st in AdjD and I just asked a poster who stated we had guys getting minutes who were worse on defense than Lewis. That is all. Don't make nothing into something just because you're happy this morning

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Actually it's 101st in AdjD and I just asked a poster who stated we had guys getting minutes who were worse on defense than Lewis. That is all. Don't make nothing into something just because you're happy this morning

Well, whatever metric you want to use, the one I use for years shows 130th, yours shows 101, either way its horrific. I just think its funny you are trying to justify this by ripping Lewis for his defense when the entire team is really bad at defense.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Grill should have red shirted. It's really clear he is not ready yet. I think he will be pretty good a year or two from now, but he looks like he can't focus out there. Very raw.

Jackson needs to start contributing on offense. I think he has a lot of potential though.

Agreed that Lewis not getting any PT yesterday was a big head scratcher.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
@CyTwins

Im not saying Lewis is good on defense, but go look at Grill, Jackson, and Griffin metrics. I dont think I've seen 3 bench guys with this poor of numbers in quite some time, yet they are playing meaningful Big 12 minutes over him.

Artic Zone

Jul 12, 2017

B14D7464-A26C-45E0-B173-5A9AE1A50BE2.jpeg

Tre Jackson is one of the worst statistical players on ISU. I’m dumbfounded why he gets as many minutes as he does

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Well, whatever metric you want to use, the one I use for years shows 130th, yours shows 101, either way its horrific. I just think its funny you are trying to justify this by ripping Lewis for his defense when the entire team is really bad at defense.

I use the metric called KenPom. Pretty good tool if you've never heard of it

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
View attachment 69558

Tre Jackson is one of the worst statistical players on ISU. I’m dumbfounded why he gets as many minutes as he does

Jackson is better than Lewis defensively and we both know that. I'm not sure why he gets as many minutes as he does but if we're going to play 4 guards we're going to have one guard out there that doesn't belong pretty much at all times. This team is one guard short of being good and unfortunately that's counting Nixon as being good too

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I use the metric called KenPom. Pretty good tool if you've never heard of it

I use BartTorvick, pretty good tool if you've never heard of it. Either way, both tools agree our defense sucks, and Grill/Jackson are black holes on the basketball court.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I use BartTorvick, pretty good tool if you've never heard of it. Either way, both tools agree our defense sucks, and Grill/Jackson are black holes on the basketball court.

Again I just asked a poster who was getting minutes that were worse defensively than Lewis. That is all