Steve Prohm

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010
I've been on the fence with Prohm since he got here. I seriously started questioning him when he pulled a red hot Conditt down the stretch against KSU last year. I have never liked his substitution pattern and have yet to figure out what he is trying to accomplish on offense. It seems pretty vanilla to me. Can anyone give me a reason to think that he anything more an average basketball coach? Is there any team in the Big 12 who would take him as their coach?

For what it's worth this is from May of last year and shows what those on the outside think.

https://247sports.com/college/texas...ketball-Coach-Rankings-132229930/#132229930_1

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

davehon

Apr 4, 2015
I've been on the fence with Prohm since he got here. I seriously started questioning him when he pulled a red hot Conditt down the stretch against KSU last year. I have never liked his substitution pattern and have yet to figure out what he is trying to accomplish on offense. It seems pretty vanilla to me. Can anyone give me a reason to think that he anything more an average basketball coach? Is there any team in the Big 12 who would take him as their coach?

For what it's worth this is from May of last year and shows what those on the outside think.

https://247sports.com/college/texas...ketball-Coach-Rankings-132229930/#132229930_1
Considering Bryce Drew is the 6th best coach in the conference I would say the Bug 12 has some really good coaches.

Jkclone15

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 19, 2017
This post x1000.

Couldn’t have said it any better. Actually kind of sports-depressing that several posters apparently dislike/disagree with it.

Thing is, Prohm has said what he wants the identity of the program to be, and it's what we had last year: 4 long interchangeable guards who can all handle the ball reasonably well and a rim-running big. The fact that we struggled so much last year with an ideal roster is troubling and I think a sign that Prohm has some growing to do as a P5 head coach.

That being said I've thought for a while my breaking point would be missing the tourney 3/7 years. If we miss this year Prohm's seat should be red hot.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

I have to say this person says Prohm was successful but not “overwhelmingly so” at Murray. I mean he went 31-2 one season...what does it take to impress this guy lol.

• Agree
Reactions: isu83

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I have to say this person says Prohm was successful but not “overwhelmingly so” at Murray. I mean he went 31-2 one season...what does it take to impress this guy lol.
I mean he came in to the historical Gonzaga of the Ohio Valley. In his time there he had 2 NBA PGs. I mean the 31-2 year was impressive but it was also the only year he made the tournament. His time there was good but it wasn’t as good as people think it was.

• Funny
Reactions: isu83

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I mean he came in to the historical Gonzaga of the Ohio Valley. In his time there he had 2 NBA PGs. I mean the 31-2 year was impressive but it was also the only year he made the tournament. His time there was good but it wasn’t as good as people think it was.

I would say Murray in OVC isn’t nearly the force that Gonzaga is in the WCC. They did win 29 games his last year year there though. I think after his first year here he had the 7th best winning percentage among college coaches.

• Informative
Reactions: Macloney

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I would say Murray in OVC isn’t nearly the force that Gonzaga is in the WCC. They did win 29 games his last year year there though. I think after his first year here he had the 7th best winning percentage among college coaches.

How's he doing against MEAC teams this season?

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
The main problem I have with Prohm is he allows to much freedom and doesn’t hold players accountable in game..or heck prob out of game..

I say this bc last year we had chemistry issues and look at Bolton.. He transfered from PSU bc he didn’t like the HC yelling and in his grill.. PSU btw is a top 20 team rn and man they play tough.

this team isn’t tough.. last years team wasn’t tough... I’m not advocating our HC throw chairs but certain teams need a coach who will send a msg.. daily. Prohm isn’t that HC and it’s becoming a big problem

he not only doesn’t hold players accountable in games, he doesn’t reward them either, over the years I can’t tell you how many times a certain lineup seemed to be clicking at the end of the first half and picking up some momentum only to have prohm throw the starting lineup back in to start the second.

Old87

Sep 30, 2012
More of the same today. No real changes or adjustments. The team is playing hard, but they do not have the skill set needed to make Steve’s game plan successful. They have skills, just not the ones that make Steve’s plan work. Steve refuses to adjust his game to fit the skill set of his players. Keep pounding at the square peg until it fits the round hole seems to be his philosophy.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Can someone make me a meme of Prohm on the gladiators body saying are you not entertained with my terrible coaching?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron