"IT SUCKED": ISU suffers historic setback to Florida A&M at Hilton Coliseum

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Gotta think over. If they only win two more games he should be fired 100% and I love Prohm.
Jamie won't do that, regardless if people like that outcome or not.
This year is obviously concerning but I'm not sure if many ADs fire a coach that's made the tourney 3 out of 5 years. I mean Bruce Weber has only won his first round game (E8 year) once in his 7 years at KState.
Again, not trying to make excuses or say what should/shouldn't happen.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It’s worse than that. It’s bad coaching in practice and games, too.

Players don’t respond to him. He lost last year’s team, wasting a talented roster.

You are at practices (or have sources at practices)? I doubt it.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Lol, I always get a kick out of you.

Games are won in practice as much as they are from in-game X&O tactics. You may have missed it, but we lost to FAMU. It’s apparent Prohm’s coaching in practice is lacking.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

I’ve never been to a practice but it seems pretty obvious this is not Bill Self or Tom Izzo running practices and drawing up plays.

Prohm has had quite a few NBA guys in order to cover up his ineptitude, but now it’s obvious what we’re dealing with.

Very unfortunate because Prohm is a 99 out of 100 on the “good guy” metric and he’s a really good talent evaluator. But that alone won’t get you far enough nowadays.

In fact you could argue that he’s too nice for the college coaching profession where you gotta get onto kids with some passion to get your point across.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
This year will suck, but a Top 15 recruiting class means next year should be a good one. Let's look for improvement as the season goes on and stop overreacting to every loss no matter how shocking they may be.
I agree, it’s not about single games, but Prohm has shown time and again that he’s unwilling or able to make changes.

He hasn’t made a single staff change by choice in 5 years. Refuses to change lineups. Year after year his teams have the same fundamental issues.

Coach, your job is on the line. Suck it up and make some hard calls- some may not like it but that’s life.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Lol, I always get a kick out of you.

Games are won in practice as much as they are from in-game X&O tactics. You may have missed it, but we lost to FAMU. It’s apparent Prohm’s coaching in practice is lacking.

Duh, yeah, we have issues. Enough with your one-trick-pony anti-Prohm posts. Welcome to my Ignore list.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Of course this game sucked. I think the team being away on break and playing so quickly after getting back on campus can make a bad performance. Why not wait until 1/3 to play the first after break game.
so FAMU wasn't on break during the same time period?

• Agree
Reactions: aeroclone

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Uhhhhh...I am just logging on after being off-grid for 24 hours. Is this a joke?

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
There are coaches at p6 schools that would come to ISU in a heartbeat if the money was right
To play in front of Hilton's fans and to have JP as the AD? Absolutely. But, we're going to need donors to step big time to make any changes this off-season.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Like it or not this is Prohm's 2nd rebuilding year. He lost 4/5 of last year's best athletes (THT, Babb, LW and Lard) and replaced them with one athlete (Bolton). That's on Prohm for having a bad recruiting class, but let's not pretend that this team is loaded with talent. Because it's not. It's performing at about my expectations going into the season.

The man makes 1.5 million dollars. One. And. A. Half. Million. Dollars. It's his job to figure out how to put a competitive team on the floor.

I mean, ****, sign me up at a 1/3rd of that to trot some poorly coached, unmotivated team out there and blame it on a "rebuilding year". I can do that.

Some people act like Prohm is volunteering to coach 5th grade girls at the local Y. He gets 1.5 million dollars a year. The buck stops with him on the product he puts on the floor.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Whats with this love affair for TJ? I get JP loves the guy, but how many people on here actually think he's the answer to the basketball program? He won in a really bad league, and has been absolutely awful at UNLV.
I’m not on a just go hire TJ thought process but taking his first partial year at UNLV who is in awful shape as a program before him isn’t a fair evaluator. I haven’t gotten to watch them this year but I’d guess they are improving. They’ve gone to OT against 3 P-6 teams. The next couple years will show what to make of his time there.

His historical performance elsewhere has shown he’s been a good coach.

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I agree, it’s not about single games, but Prohm has shown time and again that he’s unwilling or able to make changes.

He hasn’t made a single staff change by choice in 5 years. Refuses to change lineups. Year after year his teams have the same fundamental issues.

Coach, your job is on the line. Suck it up and make some hard calls- some may not like it but that’s life.
This is where I’m at. He at least needs to shake up the assistants and lineups immediately.