"IT SUCKED": ISU suffers historic setback to Florida A&M at Hilton Coliseum

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
If we win even one more game I will be pleasantly surprised... so I have that going for me... now that I think about it, this team will probably win the Big 12 since they always show up when there seems to be no hope.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Like it or not this is Prohm's 2nd rebuilding year. He lost 4/5 of last year's best athletes (THT, Babb, LW and Lard) and replaced them with one athlete (Bolton). That's on Prohm for having a bad recruiting class, but let's not pretend that this team is loaded with talent. Because it's not. It's performing at about my expectations going into the season.

The real problem is two guys...Lard and Wiggington should be here still. Wiggington deciding he would rather go to the D league than play here is not a good statement, that’s on Prohm.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Outside of the disaster of a coaching job, I’m also frustrated by the lack of frustration/desperation from players on the court. In both tonight and Iowa game no one, and I mean no one showed any sign of being pissed off. I’d even take a technical from a hard foul in the paint just to see that someone cares.

Obviously players care a lot more than fans but I can’t find evidence. That leads me to believe Prohm May be losing them.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
The real problem is two guys...Lard and Wiggington should be here still. Wiggington deciding he would rather go to the D league than play here is not a good statement, that’s on Prohm.

Wanting to make money and try to fulfill a life long dream of playing in the NBA is on Prohm? We are getting really creative now.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Outside of the disaster of a coaching job, I’m also frustrated by the lack of frustration/desperation from players on the court. In both tonight and Iowa game no one, and I mean no one showed any sign of being pissed off. I’d even take a technical from a hard foul in the paint just to see that someone cares.

Obviously players care a lot more than fans but I can’t find evidence. That leads me to believe Prohm May be losing them.

Acting a fool does not indicate caring.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

I wonder if the chemistry issues that we heard about during the late season swoon last winter are back, albeit with different personnel. 2 out of 3 losses in Hilton; one by double digits to your in-state rival, and the other to a 25 point low major (not even mid-major).

I've been as big a Prohm defender as anyone else on here, but something is clearly wrong, and it's not just a sprained wrist.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Like it or not this is Prohm's 2nd rebuilding year. He lost 4/5 of last year's best athletes (THT, Babb, LW and Lard) and replaced them with one athlete (Bolton). That's on Prohm for having a bad recruiting class, but let's not pretend that this team is loaded with talent. Because it's not. It's performing at about my expectations going into the season.

That’s his fault

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Wanting to make money and try to fulfill a life long dream of playing in the NBA is on Prohm? We are getting really creative now.

If he stayed and was used correctly, he would be this years carson Edwards, instead he left knowing he had no chance to get drafted. He couldn’t risk staying and having what happened last year happen again. Sore foot, relegated to the bench, playing 20 minutes a game, and watching lesser guys get minutes, and getting buried in the doghouse. It’s clear why he left.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
This year will suck, but a Top 15 recruiting class means next year should be a good one. Let's look for improvement as the season goes on and stop overreacting to every loss no matter how shocking they may be.

You are absolutely correct there is absolutely no reason to be upset after a home loss to a MEAC school. I mean it doesn’t cost money for season tickets and the AD certainly doesn’t require a 5K yearly donation to sit in the upper level. On second thought I should just pour a glass of wine and go burn $100 bills in my front yard.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
If he stayed and was used correctly, he would be this years carson Edwards, instead he left knowing he had no chance to get drafted. He couldn’t risk staying and having what happened last year happen again. Sore foot, relegated to the bench, playing 20 minutes a game, and watching lesser guys get minutes, and getting buried in the doghouse. It’s clear why he left.

Wigginton would never be Edwards.

• Dislike
Reactions: NoCreativity