Who is going Camping!!!!

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
I agree the enthusiasm seems down, even with the great opponent and destination. The 7-5 record when we were hoping for more, the K State bad loss, the fact we never blow anybody out except for one game, been bowling recently, and can't drive to the game are big factors. But hey, that happens to all the good colleges. Clone fans are great though. Props to the fans going to this game and representing Cyclone Nation. Hope that Joe Cool Bahama guy is going. Loved that double drink within 30 seconds.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
I hope it's closer to your time memory than mine currently - otherwise, they might have a rather damp end to the game. :D
We are both remembering and confirming the same time frame. The couple hour difference is the time it would take the squall to travel from Coco to Orlando.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
My BIL who lives in Orlando says the forecast looks great for a game.

Reactions: NWICY

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
A must-have for tailgating before a game with Notre Dame:

Iowish_Cream_product_image.png

Reactions: HouClone

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
The forecast went from 40% chance rain last week to 10% on Saturday
--now @ 50%-70% chance of passing rain on Saturday :(

Very excited to find out this matchup 2 weeks ago.....went with a charter out of DM - a wing and a prayer (no pun intended). I jumped the gun

~a 4-day charter trip > No flight details until a week later
~ Purchased game tickets first day 'best available' thru ISU @ $125/ea.
> ended up in upper corner --deck
Day 1 plane arrives in Orlando after 8:00 pm ; seriously?
Day 4; bus leaves for airport @ 5:30 am ! seriously?

So a so-called 4-day trip turns into basically 2 days in Orlando

Good lord. I should of gone with my instincts

ex.
Fly in a few days early to Tampa/St Pete/Ft Myers (warmer weather)
Stay at a quiet resort
Bought (2) tickets for $25/ea
Commute up to ISU bowl game;
Return to SW Florida for warmer weather

Oh well
Merry Christmas to ISU Alumni Assoc.! I'll consider it a donation :(:D:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cyfern

Sep 26, 2019
Yeah, I feel like there is some lesser enthusiasm. I don't know that Florida is necessarily a great location. Not an easy drive, no connection to the state and an area many see as for kids only.

I think there will be a lot of Cyclone fans there, not as many as last year but I'd guess 18,000 or so.
I'm afraid of a mis-match for the game. Depends on which ISU team shows up.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Just getting settled into our pit stop hotel. Excited to get down there tomorrow. Are most people getting there tomorrow too?

cyclonefreak

Apr 26, 2013
Just getting settled into our pit stop hotel. Excited to get down there tomorrow. Are most people getting there tomorrow too?
My daughter and I are at our pit stop in Kentucky tonight. Arriving in Orlando Thursday. One day for some fun at Universal studios then focus on the pep rally and game.

Reactions: Spanky

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Just checked in for my flight tomorrow and Delta was offered a range of dollar amounts to get bumped, sort of bid like thingie in hundred dollar increments starting at $200. Had to pass that up, got a hotel and don't want to chance miss sitting in the rain Saturday. ;)

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: pulse

Cyrok

Oct 14, 2009
DSM
I drove down to Atlanta today and have seen a lot of ISU vehicles! Looking forward to seeing a lot more Cyclone fans tomorrow and Saturday!

Reactions: Spanky

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron