Iowa/Iowa St.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
How many coaches throw out an 'injured' player to start fights in a December game? And what kind of mindset does it take for a player to buy into that kind of tactic?

Only 1.

The mindset of a psychopath, absolutely.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Curious as to which part of my pay you disagree with.
That Michigan didn’t easily beat us.

Not that 7 games without being easily defeated would be sufficient in meaning Iowa couldn’t easily defeat this team. I don’t feel it’s likely, but that’s more due to Iowa than what we’ve seen from our previous 7 games.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Garza was a beast last night vs Michigan, if we get refs that allow the physical type of play, and allow Garza to move his pivot foot on his moves to the basket, we could be in trouble.

Its going to come down too which team is hitting from 3 point land.

Game is at Hilton, but Iowa will come in thinking SUPER BOWL, and will be sky high for the game. I say ISU by 5 pts.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
You don't have to be crazy to be a fan...you just have to have a screw loose to not acknowledge that Iowa's not the center of the sports world.
I have never seen this type of pessimism even when we were scheduled to play #1 Kansas in Hilton

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Garza was a beast last night vs Michigan, if we get refs that allow the physical type of play, and allow Garza to move his pivot foot on his moves to the basket, we could be in trouble.

Its going to come down too which team is hitting from 3 point land.

Game is at Hilton, but Iowa will come in thinking SUPER BOWL, and will be sky high for the game. I say ISU by 5 pts.

Didn't Michigan basically let him have his and tighten up the outside?

I'd be pretty pissed if CSP doubles him.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Young will hold his own against Garza dude is a brick house. I like the fact he isnt a shot blocker as well Garza feasts on pump fakes and getting the post defender out of position. Run the player guarding McCaffrey to make Garza pick up his dribble all night long. McCaffrey cant hit the broad side of a barn.

Haliburton on Bohannon with his length. Nixon on Wieskamp.

Last edited:
Reactions: flycy

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I've never heard or seen Fred discuss the game as anything more than another non conference game.

Quit talking out of your ass
Then you were never at a practice during Iowa week, and you have never talked to one of Fred's players about the Iowa game.
Quit talking about things you know nothing about.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Didn't Michigan basically let him have his and tighten up the outside?

I'd be pretty pissed if CSP doubles him.

UM was not doubling down on Garza, when he got the ball in the paint. But Iowa also was struggling from 3 point line. Iowa was only 3-15 from deep. I mean Iowa scored 91 points, but gave up 103 points.
Not a lot of defense played by either team.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Then you were never at a practice during Iowa week, and you have never talked to one of Fred's players about the Iowa game.

I went to school with them. I've talked to most if not all about hatred for Iowa. If you come to play for Iowa State you eventually learn the hatred for Iowa. That doesnt mean an emphasis, outside of the usual in state rivalry preparation goes, was placed by Fred.

Your disdain for Fred is well noted here. Take it elsewhere

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
UM was not doubling down on Garza, when he got the ball in the paint. But Iowa also was struggling from 3 point line. Iowa was only 3-15 from deep. I mean Iowa scored 91 points, but gave up 103 points.
Not a lot of defense played by either team.

Exactly...did they press to the outside taking Iowa's outside shot away?

ISU should follow the same formula.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

So when you've talked to ISU basketball players, you talked to them about the Iowa game?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It really comes down to this. We could play bad and lose to Iowa. We could play just OK and win. We don't need to play good or great to beat an NIT caliber team at home. Cmon guys Iowa's AdjD is 78 spots worse than any Big 12 team we'll face

I think that's just a cop out IMO.

To say before the game is played that basically the only way ISU loses is if they play bad is just a cop out.

So no matter what, if ISU loses the game, you'll be on here saying we only lost because we played bad? You've determined that already?

I think we could play decently and still lose the game. Obviously Iowa would have to play a really good game, but I think they are capable of still beating us even if we play halfway decent.

You realize Iowa can play that same game, right? If we beat them, they'll just say it was because they played bad.... and they wouldn't be anymore right or wrong than us saying the same thing if we lost.