Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
For a team that always has a ton of long tall players Iowa really doesn't block many shots. 0 blocks giving up 100+ to Michigan today.

Garza really is a great player if it's half court offense. He was last year too.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Another thing in common is that they're both some ugly looking mother****ers.

SamTheEagle.jpg

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Idk... seemed like a pretty solid strategy. Michigan made Iowa one dimensional and locked down the 3 point line and left space in the middle.

If Garza is the only option and has to play 35+ minutes and take 32 shots (32 SHOTS!) then Iowa is going to have to stay in that **** zone... which Michigan killed because Garza was too tired to defend the middle of the zone with much consistency.

Iowa never really got close enough to make them change the game plan even with Teske and Simpson in fouls trouble.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I watched the game tonight which was the first time this year. Garza gets 44 points and was in beast mode on offense but was a bit suspect on defense. McCaffrey with 12 and jorbo with 5. I was really dissapointed because I don't watch them often and hear of pops and son McCaffrey in full **** mode but they looked respectable tonight so I was dissapointed. Toussant is pretty scrappy to.

Looks like it could be a good game next Thursday.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Idk... seemed like a pretty solid strategy. Michigan made Iowa one dimensional and locked down the 3 point line and left space in the middle.

If Garza is the only option and has to play 35+ minutes and take 32 shots (32 SHOTS!) then Iowa is going to have to stay in that **** zone... which Michigan killed because Garza was too tired to defend the middle of the zone with much consistency.

Iowa never really got close enough to make them change the game plan even with Teske and Simpson in fouls trouble.
At first I thought it wasn't the best strategy, but when Michigan stuck with it I came around with basically the same thoughts. He wasn't going to double his first half production (good ol' laws of average) and no one else could do anything.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008

Idk... seemed like a pretty solid strategy. Michigan made Iowa one dimensional and locked down the

If ISU shoots as well as Michigan and makes 10 3's at a 40% clip and plays defense as well as Michigan, they will win by 10+ . The good thing for Iowa is that ISU hasnt done either of those.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
If ISU shoots 40% from 3 and makes 10+ they will win by double digits against Iowa.

If ISU shoots as well as Michigan and makes 10 3's at a 40% clip and plays defense as well as Michigan, they will win by 10+ . The good thing for Iowa is that ISU hasnt done either of those.
ISU won't, but also won't need to do that to win. Most of those Michigan shots were wide open.

At first I thought Michigan's game plan was suspect by not doubling Garza on touches, but as others have said, I think the game went as Michigan planned.

Methinks it'll be a battle Thursday night.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Michigan only forced 7 turnovers?

Did they sit in lawn chairs with umbrella drinks on that end of the floor?

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
so we played Michigan closer even with shots not falling???

also if what was on the broadcast of the last few NC winners coming out of the Battle for Atlantis I guess Michigan is it then..

clone4good

Oct 27, 2009
Iowa will win by a score of 86-75. You know they will hit threes on us, Garza will get his 20-25 points. I hate this game. We lose. Honestly we’d have to hit 10 threes to even have a chance against them (which won’t happen).

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: CyDude16 and Acylum

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Ya. Wasn’t suggesting ISU could duplicate this. They will have to find some other way of exploiting Iowa’s D and limiting their looks from 3