Friday OT #2 - T-bone Steak, Cheese Eggs, and Welch's Grape

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Thanks to @MeanDean for another great thread idea! I'm always grateful when others throw me ideas!

What consumables do you use well above an average amount? And, conversely, which do you consume well below an average amount?

For example - I no longer have any children in diapers, but diaper wipes are the secret that parents have been keeping for decades. After discovering how multifunctional they are, I'll never be without them. Also, commas.

What do you have?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Gallon drinking water. My wife refuses to drink tap water, water from the fridge, water from a Brita filter, etc. So it's become part of our lives even though I find it pretty annoying to drag home 3-4 gallons every trip to the grocery store.
Do you refill the gallon jugs? Just checking to see if Aquaman will be shaming you next.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Above: probably coffee although I don't get too crazy with it. B12 vitamins.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Looking forward to the day of no more diapers, wipes, and all the other crap that comes along with having a kid in diapers. Hopefully that happens sometime next year when our youngest turns 3.

Would say my wife uses way too many paper towels, Lysol wipes, and soap. I point it out all the time that there is no reason to use what seems like half the roll of towels and several squirts of soap when washing hands, 1 squirt of soap and 2 or 3 paper towels should be all you need to sufficiently wash your hands.

On the flip side I'm the exact opposite with consumables so maybe it evens out? I don't go through a ton of shampoo, body wash, etc. that stuff is concentrated enough already you just need a dab of it to get a good lather so a bottle lasts me quite awhile.

Anyone else have a spouse that has a bad habit of not using up an entire package or box of something and just opens up a new one when they find it convenient? Did a thorough clean out of our pantry the other month and we had several half used up boxes of granola bars, kids snacks, and other stuff and seems like those things are on my shopping list all the time when I do grocery runs. Got it all organized and pointed out I'm not buying any more of certain things until we use up what we already have. Have the same issue when I see something like toilet paper on my list, open up the upstairs closet and there are like 3 partially opened packs of it that add up to plenty of rolls of TP so I ignore it and just say "use up what we have first then I'll buy some more" when I get asked where is the TP when I come back from the store.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Thanks to @MeanDean for another great thread idea! I'm always grateful when others throw me ideas!

What consumables do you use well above an average amount? And, conversely, which do you consume well below an average amount?

For example - I no longer have any children in diapers, but diaper wipes are the secret that parents have been keeping for decades. After discovering how multifunctional they are, I'll never be without them. Also, commas.

What do you have?

Good to keep those wipes because in 30 years you will need them.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Campbell's Chunky Beef w/Country Vegetables (7 cans a week)
Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Nut granola bars (8/day)

Before you judge, I have had all sorts of digestive issues, and that combination, with only random additions of other food, has pretty much solved them (along with a pre-biotic/pro-biotic and an acid blocker).

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Campbell's Chunky Beef w/Country Vegetables (7 cans a week)
Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Nut granola bars (8/day)

Before you judge, I have had all sorts of digestive issues, and that combination, with only random additions of other food, has pretty much solved them (along with a pre-biotic/pro-biotic and an acid blocker).
Too late, should have put that part first.