Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm not saying this article is untrue, but does all farming end at Iowa's southern border? Is there no agriculture in Missourah that could contribute to the odor? This article puts all blame on Iowa and Minnesota.

premium standard is basically right on the border, on the bad side, so there is that.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think this goes deeper, as you have adjunct status right?
I think it's endemic to the culture.
Adjunct support at community colleges is mostly hot garbage. I've seen it with my own eyes. I adjuncted for a few years before moving back to IA, and my wife adjuncted for 5 years.
Y'all are given the least amount of support where arguably the most support is required.
Since turnover is high (surprise!) I've watch staff and faculty treat adjunct faculty as seat fillers and not educated colleagues. It's disgusting.
I used to adjunct some. Regular staff would try to downgrade me when they would run into me. Would always ask some book level question. Finally I started answering and then using an example from work and then ask them a question and require them to give an example from when it proved itself in the work force. They all started avoiding me then.

Reactions: jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That sounds like the "flipped classroom" approach, but not executed very well.
Unfortunate, as it's really designed to have deeper more meaningful discussions or problem solving done in the class.

They do the flip classroom for our kids’ JH math. The kids watch the video and the teacher goes into the hallway and hangs out with teachers on break. Not a fan.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
On the way home from vacation, over north of Blairsburg, I passed not one but two honey wagons headed for the field. So strong it made my eyes water.

Only native Iowans can discern different types of animal excrement, simply by their smell. :D

Ahem. Native Chicago suburbanite here, and I could discern cow from hog from horse well before I moved to a rural state. I can usually tell chicken, too. Probably because grandma & aunt both lived in farm country.

Reactions: oldman and SCyclone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
KFC commercial for fried chicken, waffles and syrup.

On the news tonight was a feature about how head and neck injuries have increased with the increased use of smart phones, with videos of people running into walls, glass windows etc.

Keep going, America.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and VeloClone

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
I had to write a speech for a special occasion for a class so I chose to toast my left shoe and my right shoe, Larry and Rhonda, at their wedding. Trust me, it's laced with so many puns I actually had to cut a bunch out for time. I tried to toe the line between funny and overdoing it, but it's fun getting all of the puns to tie into each other. At least the template will still be a good reference if any of my friends ever decide to tie the knot. After all, the sole purpose of the speech is to make people laugh, right?

Thank you and goodnight.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I had to write a speech for a special occasion for a class so I chose to toast my left shoe and my right shoe, Larry and Rhonda, at their wedding. Trust me, it's laced with so many puns I actually had to cut a bunch out for time. I tried to toe the line between funny and overdoing it, but it's fun getting all of the puns to tie into each other. At least the template will still be a good reference if any of my friends ever decide to tie the knot. After all, the sole purpose of the speech is to make people laugh, right?

Thank you and goodnight.
<insert>rim shot gif</insert>

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Never left the house. Think I might be getting agoraphobic. :eek:

If I can arrange wine and food delivery I'll never need to leave the property. :p

Ah, ****, forgot doctor stuff. :(

When mom was in the care center they would do video doctors over the internet. That is optional now too.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
This morning I saw a sign at McDonald's as I passed by "McRib is Here"

To the best of my recollection I have never eaten a McRib sandwich

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
KFC commercial for fried chicken, waffles and syrup.

On the news tonight was a feature about how head and neck injuries have increased with the increased use of smart phones, with videos of people running into walls, glass windows etc.

Keep going, America.
Try walking through a mall. People just completely oblivious to everything around them as they walk aimlessly about with their nose buried in their phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron