2019-20 FB Coaching Carousel & Rumors

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
He told us at a luncheon he had a lawyer deal with the contracts but he does not have an agent, he gets about a third of his contract deferred, he doesn't even know a PIN number for a debit card.
So what meaning is not having an agent supposed to have?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So what meaning is not having an agent supposed to have?
That Jamie should know if schools reach out and can make decisions from there.

(Now, I'm sure theres other methods, but CMC seems pretty honorable)

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
LOL that CW would have any information. I think his response literally acknowledges that. Halsted and Hines I would give some credence to.

Man, how bad do you hope he leaves? Probably more than you hope for your sons to play for the hawks, right?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
For any school to talk to another coach, they have to contact the AD for permission first.

I dont think this is the case. In campbell's case, in his contract it just says he has to provide prior notification before expressing interest or entering into negotiations.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I dont think this is the case. In campbell's case, in his contract it just says he has to provide prior notification before expressing interest or entering into negotiations.

Had always heard and seen that schools had to contact the current school to talk to them. Like I mentioned I don’t know about talking to the agent. I’m far from an expert and could be mistaken.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Had always heard and seen that schools had to contact the current school to talk to them. Like I mentioned I don’t know about talking to the agent. I’m far from an expert and could be mistaken.
Can someone call State Farm please

• Funny
Reactions: Cloneon

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Hey thank you big time for the info.

Any insight as to why they felt a meeting was necessary? Were the rumors starting to become a distraction to players/staff? Any smoke to the rumors?

It's a regular thing to have a team meeting after the regular season. It usually lays out the practice and lifting plan up until the bowl game (such as we will left on these days, condition on these days and bowl practices will be on these days) and it is also a reminder for the players to not get in trouble as their is still a game to be played.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Hope this is accurate because all the FSU folks on Twitter think it is Campbell so they've got all those close to the program fooled.

I worked in Tallahassee for a while, not hard to fool folks there.

And why anyone would want to live there is beyond me.