2019-20 FB Coaching Carousel & Rumors

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Long shot, I know, but has anyone in the Iowa media had anything to say on the matter? Any quotes or off the record info? Anything at all?

Iowa media???? Gannett is not Iowa nor is the Gazette...they are puppets. Not sure what remains. I think I trust internetman reporting more. This board has more Truth than newsreaders and the teleprompters.

• Useful
Reactions: everyyard

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Ugh. Every coaching carousel season is going to be nerve wracking as long as Campbell is here.

It's a blessing, but god damn does it make me anxious.

Reactions: Scott34

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I bet being Winston's attorney is a full time job. I doubt that leaves him much time for anything else.
Winston's attorney just tweeted there will be an announcement tomorrow so probably find out tomorrow. The thing I don't like is the coaching staff is out recruiting so may be possible for FSU to send a plane to pickup Matt - I know I am being paranoid.

• Funny
Reactions: isufbcurt

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
PSA:

There was a meeting tonight. In summary it was Campbell, staff and the team. Campbell told the team he is staying and that he wants to continuing building at ISU. He will be recruiting players that fit the culture and will continue to build here at ISU, not interviewing anywhere else. He doesn’t like all the distractions these rumors have been causing.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Ugh. Every coaching carousel season is going to be nerve wracking as long as Campbell is here.

It's a blessing, but god damn does it make me anxious.
No s***! I got home around 6:30 and have either been on my phone or grilling supper since then. I'm anxious as hell!

• Friendly
Reactions: CloneFan4

Dress Slacks

Jan 7, 2018
Overland Park, KS
PSA:

There was a meeting tonight. In summary it was Campbell, staff and the team. Campbell told the team he is staying and that he wants to continuing building at ISU. He will be recruiting players that fit the culture and will continue to build here at ISU, not interviewing anywhere else. He doesn’t like all the distractions these rumors have been causing.

Source?

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
PSA:

There was a meeting tonight. In summary it was Campbell, staff and the team. Campbell told the team he is staying and that he wants to continuing building at ISU. He will be recruiting players that fit the culture and will continue to build here at ISU, not interviewing anywhere else.

Hey thank you big time for the info.

Any insight as to why they felt a meeting was necessary? Were the rumors starting to become a distraction to players/staff? Any smoke to the rumors?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
PSA:

Reactions: derpyherky

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
Hey thank you big time for the info.

Any insight as to why they felt a meeting was necessary? Were the rumors starting to become a distraction to players/staff? Any smoke to the rumors?

Wanted to get ahead of it with all the rumors and distractions. Once out recruiting rumors would only get worse with all the openings. Monday is the teams normal day to meet and practice after a game. They have Sunday off. Also wanted to let the kids know he believe in what they’re building and and proud to have them be part of it.

Me.

Help Support Us

Become a patron