Re-al Mitchell Packages

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
One of the most disappointing parts of this season was our lack of creativity in getting one of our most dynamic playmakers on the field in Re-al Mitchell. I feel like that was a major fail on the coaching staff. I really hope they work on some packages to make that happen next year, but my fear is that he will transfer. Nights like Kansas State, he could have been a real spark plug/difference-maker. Will anything change next year? Will he still be around?

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I was ready to see anyone who wasn't going to slide last night. Seems like having a single scripted play designed for him would have been thoughtful.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Do you guys think he has his heart set on being a qb? He could step in for Jones next year. Just curious what anyone thinks. Otherwise, if he were to transfer, now would be the time but would he lose a year of eligibility since he already red shirted?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
i wont be shocked if Re Al isnt in Ames much longer

That would really stink if we lost Re Al.

You can just tell from the times he did have the ball in his hands this year that he's a difference maker. He has a speed, quickness, and vision that's just at a different level.

If he transfers, I could see him doing some really special things for another team, which would really frustrate me.

If he does indeed transfer, it will all be on the coaches IMO. You HAVE to find a way to use this kid's talents on the field instead of holding a clipboard.

Our offense COULD be so dynamic with the talent we have, but it isn't. It puts up some nice stats in some games.... but usually leaves a lot to be desired.

• Useful
Reactions: Cassie and Scott34

Artic Zone

Jul 12, 2017
That would really stink if we lost Re Al.

You can just tell from the times he did have the ball in his hands this year that he's a difference maker. He has a speed, quickness, and vision that's just at a different level.

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 9.48.12 AM.png

these are the stats of a "difference maker" ?

ULM is one of the worst teams ive ever seen ISU play so spare me the praise of him from that game

Yes, the kids very quick but he can't pass the ball for sh¡t

the staff would like to use him in other positions but he wont budge from QB... thats on him, not the staff.

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
I would be sad to see him leave but if he was good enough to play he’d be playing.

• Disagree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
View attachment 68947

ULM is one of the worst teams ive ever seen ISU play so spare me the praise of him from that game

the staff would like to use him in other positions but he wont budge from QB... thats on him, not the staff.

I totally agree with you on this if you know for a fact that he won't play any other positions. I still think they could put him in at QB for some special packages, but if he won't come in and line up in the slot, or in the backfield.... then that's on him.... totally agree.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
View attachment 68947

He’s thrown two whole passes. I’m not ready to make a decision either way on his passing ability.

Artic Zone

Jul 12, 2017
ISU fans remain undefeated in their love of backup quarterbacks

Brock Purdy is 4th in the nation in passing yard and has broken nearly every single season school record but theres still dipsh¡ts on here "hmmm i wonder what the backup who's thrown 2 total passes could do???"

guess what? if he was that good, he'd be playing. he's not. Staff cant force him to go in at WR or RB or Wildcat or whatver if he doesnt want to

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
ISU fans remain undefeated in their love of backup quarterbacks

Brock Purdy is 4th in the nation in passing yard and has broken nearly every single season school record but theres still dipsh¡ts on here "hmmm i wonder what the backup who's thrown 2 total passes could do???"

guess what? if he was that good, he'd be playing. he's not. Staff cant force him to go in at WR or RB or Wildcat or whatver if he doesnt want to
Not one person is saying he is better then Purdy and needs to be the starter. What they are saying is with his skill, he needs to see the field some how some way.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
suprised they didnt develop the package and try it from time to time. a little playing not to lose attitude imo. too scared for wasted possessions but purdy could use a mental break from time to time. seems like the creativity peaks in october every year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron