*** Official #23 IOWA STATE VS Kansas State Game(Day) Thread ***

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Yeah, and teams all over the country year after year hire flops. Klieman inherited a senior laden disciplined team. I think he's a hell of a coach and will be good, but let's not act like the odds are good ISU goes and finds a coach that gets them 23-24 wins in 3 years.

Kleimans line is gone next year let’s see what’s in the cupboard and on its way before we declare him the second coming. Recruiting to KSU is not a guarantee

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
Boys I have witnessed this type of football from ISU since 1962 ....This is just typical Iowa State Football!
Haha. Sad but in many ways true. Then there are fans who think we shouldn’t expect more or want more. Makes you wonder who the real fans are!

Reactions: CyBobby

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
If we don’t get ideal bowl location/ matchup I am going to need a serious pep talk to make the trip. Ok not really I will probably go regardless but some people will so pep away

nocsious3

Aug 23, 2013
Either the perceived level of talent is not what we collectively believe or this team underachieved. I honestly think with this senior laden offensive line, this was a disappointing season. We didn't "prove it". Special teams are deficient in strategy and our highly ranked kicker can't even put the ball into the endzone on kickoffs, not to mention our return game is an after thought.

My criticism of Manning is he thinks he needs to out scheme everyone. It sometimes works and creates easy touchdowns, but at other times he just looks stupid trying to be cute with the short yardage play calls.

Until this offensive line can run block more consistently, this team will hover around the 7 win mark and lose close games more often then not, especially if you factor in below average special teams play.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
You feeling better with a 10 pt loss to a 8-4 Kansas State team on the road or a 3 pt comeback win over 41 pt underdog Drake? And we filled San Antonio after that Drake debacle.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
ive been a Cyclone fan for decades, I don’t deserve better? BS. What a dumb post. We all deserve a great season by now.
Do you think the young men who are actually playing the game dont want to give that to every ISU fan? Do you think they lose on purpose or dont care?

You're a fan you get to enjoy the good times and you should absorb the bad times and support your team no matter what.

If you deserve more from your massive investment, there are teams that win more consistently, you should look into one of them.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
So the only person that can have success at ISU is the one currently at ISU?

So this is ISU you are talking about when was the last time ISU had 3 winning seasons in a row?

How many coaches have been canned in the last few days? You know hard it is to find a guy to win freaking games

The fact is ISU has been one of the worse programs in college football.

Again I ask you who has established any kind of winning culture at ISU?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
D did everything they could all season. it's tough when the O will go 3 and out at critical times...

I'll bring this up one more time.

The defense had issues with fundamentals all season in assignments, angles, tackling etc. and in crucial situations.

It's not all on them, but this team had issues in all 3 phases and it's weird that a leaky defense gets bailed out because everyone thinks the Big 12 had hyperactive offenses (they didn't).

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
This attitude has to stop, we kept saying we were better than Iowa, then Baylor, then OSU and now K-state - we are not better than any of those teams. We a an average team that will go to an average bowl because this team keeps making mistakes, turnovers, penalties etc through the whole season without much improvement.

Perhaps we are saying the same thing....as I think it's DUE to the mistakes that we lost those games...at least the Iowa and Baylor games. Perhaps I'm an optimist, but I think we are just as good or better than all those teams. Could win against them on any given game day, IMO.

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
CMC in his 4th year here gets trucked by Kliemen in his 1st year at KSU. And we have quite a bit more talent on the field too btw IMO.

But I'm sure we'll hear the same old BS after the game from CMC about how proud he is of his team's effort, that Purdy is God and he worships the ground he walks on, but we just have to keep working on the details and winning in the margins..... because you know.... that's what teams like ISU have to do to beat inferior teams like KSU.... right??

I'm just ticked off right now, sorry..... but I'm just tired of the same old act and excuses.

You are the most insufferable whiner I've ever seen on this forum. Jesus Christ, get a ******* grip.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Really disappointed in the loss, because this team is better than this. Just were not ready to play and that is on the coaches.

Still, going bowling for the 3rd year in a row, so need to be happy with that. Hopefully the team will use the extra practices to get out of the funk they have been in the last 2 games.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Just think.... we lost to Baylor on a last second FG.

Now think about how far apart ISU and Baylor are right now in terms of how they're playing.

I hate Rhule, but he's >>>>>>>>>>>>>> CMC. There.... I said it. Now tear me a new one.

They beat KU 61-3, or whatever it was, today. We nearly got beat by KU last week at home, and looked the worst we have all year tonight IMO.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron