Help! I'm Fat - *** Official Exercise and Weight Thread ***

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Out of curiosity, I opened this thread. Here are my thoughts.; You are fat because you are egocentric. You posted your problem here because you wanted to be noticed. You are up to 20 pages and 395 posts. Feel better? You are fat because you are lazy. You work at a desk job, don't exercise or even walk or jog, drive your car to work and then take the elevator up to your office. You are fat because you have no self control, and this is your biggest problem. You have a good job and plenty of money, so You treat yourself to all sorts of extravagances. Did you know you can get a cup of black coffee at Casey's for 79 cents, Zero calories? You say you want to lose weight, but wait until Nov. 1 to start you diet, and still don't start it by Nov. 25. You will be up another 10 # by New years day. Your weight loss program is all talk, you aren't really committed to losing weight. You could try stomach stapling, but that won't work unless you follow a strict diet.
Here's your future: You will continue to have knee, hip, and back pain until you knees give out. No competent orthopedic surgeon will do a joint replacement until you get your weight under control. You are a prime candidate for Type II diabetes, which can lead to diabetic ulcers amputations, and diabetic retinophy

What a loser. Probably hits like a ***** too.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Out of curiosity, I opened this thread. Here are my thoughts.; You are fat because you are egocentric. You posted your problem here because you wanted to be noticed. You are up to 20 pages and 395 posts. Feel better? You are fat because you are lazy. You work at a desk job, don't exercise or even walk or jog, drive your car to work and then take the elevator up to your office. You are fat because you have no self control, and this is your biggest problem. You have a good job and plenty of money, so You treat yourself to all sorts of extravagances. Did you know you can get a cup of black coffee at Casey's for 79 cents, Zero calories? You say you want to lose weight, but wait until Nov. 1 to start you diet, and still don't start it by Nov. 25. You will be up another 10 # by New years day. Your weight loss program is all talk, you aren't really committed to losing weight. You could try stomach stapling, but that won't work unless you follow a strict diet.
Here's your future: You will continue to have knee, hip, and back pain until you knees give out. No competent orthopedic surgeon will do a joint replacement until you get your weight under control. You are a prime candidate for Type II diabetes, which can lead to diabetic ulcers amputations, and diabetic retinophy
Or maybe he reached out to all (or most) of us for support. You can't make changes without the realization that you have a problem. He put it out there. Maybe you should join AA (Arsehole's Anonymous) as you have a problem. We are here to help you as well.

Last edited:

ruflosn

Dec 21, 2008
giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: throwittoblythe

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Thanks for your input.

Oldgeezer

Mar 18, 2006
Waukon, Iowa
Thanks for your input.
Seems I upset some of your support. After I retired i drove a bus for public transit. Most of my clients were on medicaid,and a lot of their disability came from morbid obesity. I had one nice young man with both of his legs amputated below the knee. Diabetic ulcet that wouldn't heel. he was legally bling, Diabetic retinopthy. I took him for kidney dialysis, 4hours a day 3days a week. He died at age 44. You don't want to go there. My post was there for shock effect. Good luck

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Seems I upset some of your support. After I retired i drove a bus for public transit. Most of my clients were on medicaid,and a lot of their disability came from morbid obesity. I had one nice young man with both of his legs amputated below the knee. Diabetic ulcet that wouldn't heel. he was legally bling, Diabetic retinopthy. I took him for kidney dialysis, 4hours a day 3days a week. He died at age 44. You don't want to go there. My post was there for shock effect. Good luck

Your first post wasn't necessarily wrong but maybe mention that 'shock effect' part first... there are also lots of people that find ways to get themselves in better shape before it's too late.

The process takes a total lifestyle change for some, but it's not impossible.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
yes it is, but lets see his number post thanksgiving.. 15 in a month is very good.
I feel that Sunday was the only day I ate more than I should have.

Pot luck after having a few beers = trouble

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
On a serious note, I've gained some weight due to a depression episode. I'm starting my program to lose 10 to 15 pounds. Hope people in here are doing well on their weight loss goals.

In a couple weeks I'm gonna post a before and after so I keep myself accountable.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Heard this while watching True South, a funky food show about southern neighborhood cafes/restaurants. Was entertaining show but this made me laugh. Did not know where to share it, then thought, why not the fat thread?

The hamburger song, short version.

Don't eat this stuff, just chuckle at the song.

Last edited:

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Heard this while watching True South, a funky food show about southern neighborhood cafes/restaurants. Was entertaining show but this made me laugh. Did not know where to share it, then thought, why not the fat thread?

The hamburger song, short version.

Don't eat this stuff, just chuckle at the song.

I really need to smoke more weed

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Well, I got back to where I was before I did Thanksgiving damage.

Small wins.

Still chipping away here.

If I can be at 'X' by Christmas I'm good.

Too much snacking and sedentary behavior this time of year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron