Question for Iowa fans

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
No, it is difficult because you keep changing the goal posts. Lol Iowa got a top 10 win on Saturday. That is a fact. Iowa State got a ranked victory on Saturday. That is also a fact. It's the same argument I believe you made when you said WVU last year wasn't a top 10 win because they didn't finish that way. You don't take away a ranked victory or a top 10 victory just because they dropped in the rankings. If Iowa would've lost, Iowa would've lost to a top 10 team and if Iowa State would've lost, we would've lost to a top 25 team. The only reason Minnesota and Texas dropped was because Iowa State and Iowa beat them. Had we lost, you would be on here claiming Purdy had a chance at a ranked victory but fell short. It's a dumb game you're playing right now.

Here's another example, when Iowa, Iowa State, and UNI all beat different #1 teams in the nation in basketball a few years ago, I doubt anyone exclaimed "Well technically they didn't beat the #1 team because that team isn't #1 anymore." Don't be a "technically" or a "well actually" guy.

I think we can all agree that WVU last year and Minnesota this year aren't really top 10 teams. Do you think LSU is counting Texas as a top 10 win this year?

• Dumb
  • Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins and JP4CY

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think we can all agree that WVU last year and Minnesota this year aren't really top 10 teams. Do you think LSU is counting Texas as a top 10 win this year?
When WVU came into Ames last year, they were 5-0, had the number 1 offense in the nation with the leader in the Heisman race as their QB. Iowa State put a stop to that. Had WVU beaten Iowa State, they would've stayed in the top-10. WVU actually climbed back into the top-10 after winning their next 3 games and then dropped two games in a row @ Okie State by 4 and vs. OU by 3. WVU was a top-10 victory.

When Minnesota came into Kinnick last week, they had just beat #5 Penn State. Minnesota had a top 5 victory because they beat #5 Penn State. Are you going to make the argument that Minnesota now doesn't have a top-5 victory because Penn State is currently ranked #9?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
When WVU came into Ames last year, they were 5-0, had the number 1 offense in the nation with the leader in the Heisman race as their QB. Iowa State put a stop to that. Had WVU beaten Iowa State, they would've stayed in the top-10. WVU actually climbed back into the top-10 after winning their next 3 games and then dropped two games in a row @ Okie State by 4 and vs. OU by 3. WVU was a top-10 victory.

When Minnesota came into Kinnick last week, they had just beat #5 Penn State. Minnesota had a top 5 victory because they beat #5 Penn State. Are you going to make the argument that Minnesota now doesn't have a top-5 victory because Penn State is currently ranked #9?

I'm just calling it like I see it. I didn't think WVU was a top 10 team last year and I don't think Minnesota is a top 10 team this year. Take it how you want it.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm just calling it like I see it. I didn't think WVU was a top 10 team last year and I don't think Minnesota is a top 10 team this year. Take it how you want it.
So in 2017 when Iowa absolutely blew the doors off of #3 Ohio State, did you count that as a top-5 victory a week later? Because they dropped to #11 after that loss and by using this logic, Iowa did not have a top-5 victory until the very last week of the season because Ohio State jumped back into the top-5 in the final AP poll.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
So in 2017 when Iowa absolutely blew the doors off of #3 Ohio State, did you count that as a top-5 victory a week later? Because they dropped to #11 after that loss and by using this logic, Iowa did not have a top-5 victory until the very last week of the season because Ohio State jumped back into the top-5 in the final AP poll.

Don't care what you call it. But OSU was a way better team in 17 than either WVU last year or Minnesota this year. Oklahoma in 2017 was no different for you guys. A lot better win than WVU last year.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Don't care what you call it. But OSU was a way better team in 17 than either WVU last year or Minnesota this year. Oklahoma in 2017 was no different for you guys. A lot better win than WVU last year.
I'm calling it like it is! If you beat a team that's ranked in the top-10, that's a top-10 victory. You're the one saying "well I actually don't think they were". I guarantee you if Iowa beat the number 1 team in the nation, you would not be claiming "well if they were truly the number 1 team in the nation they would've won so technically we didn't beat the #1 team."

• Winner
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I'm calling it like it is! If you beat a team that's ranked in the top-10, that's a top-10 victory. You're the one saying "well I actually don't think they were". I guarantee you if Iowa beat the number 1 team in the nation, you would not be claiming "well if they were truly the number 1 team in the nation they would've won so technically we didn't beat the #1 team."

Technically they count as top 10 wins, but they are a little cheaper I feel.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Iowa PR: cheap women.

edpodolak1.jpg

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
they would rather see Iowa State fail than Iowa win.
You can argue anything to help fit whatever narrative you are trying to prove right or wrong. I do know that if Iowa would've beat Penn State and Michigan, and Iowa State fans tried saying those aren't top 10 wins because they would've dropped in the rankings, they would be trying to prove the point I'm trying to prove.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
You can argue anything to help fit whatever narrative you are trying to prove right or wrong. I do know that if Iowa would've beat Penn State and Michigan, and Iowa State fans tried saying those aren't top 10 wins because they would've dropped in the rankings, they would be trying to prove the point I'm trying to prove.

Well Iowa is the only team this year to have a top 10 win then. I'm fine with it counting, because it technically does, it just feels a lot cheaper than normal.

• Funny
Reactions: JP4CY

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Well Iowa is the only team this year to have a top 10 win then. I'm fine with it counting, because it technically does, it just feels a lot cheaper than normal.
Minnesota might not have been one of the top-10 best teams in the country, but they were ranked that way. Appalachian State is 9-1 and is ranked, but are they really one of the top-25 best teams in the country? Eh, probably not but that's how they were ranked. What we do know is that they beat #5 Penn State the week before and were ranked in the top-10 going into Kinnick. Iowa beat them, therefore Iowa has a top-10 win. If Iowa would've lost, you would be saying you lost to a top-10 team. Congratulations on the great win.. take it for what it is!

• Agree
Reactions: g4ce and iahawks

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Brewer has a higher passer rating, QBR rating, beat the Cyclones, and is 11-1. Pretty good resume. Not that much of a stretch to pick him over Purdy or Stanley. Dudes had a fantastic season. I don't blame you for liking Purdy over him because he's your "guy" but it's not unreasonable at all for someone objective to choose Brewer.