Question for Iowa fans

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Brewer has a higher passer rating, QBR rating, beat the Cyclones, and is 11-1. Pretty good resume. Not that much of a stretch to pick him over Purdy or Stanley. Dudes had a fantastic season. I don't blame you for liking Purdy over him because he's your "guy" but it's not unreasonable at all for someone objective to choose Brewer.

Stanley isn't even in the same conversation statistically as Purdy or Brewer and you said Stanley is better than Purdy

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Stanley isn't even in the same conversation statistically as Purdy or Brewer and you said Stanley is better than Purdy
I said earlier in the year as you quoted that I'd take Brewer over both. You called it ridiculous and it is not. Just admit it. Brewer had a great year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Purdy was better than Brewer? I'm confused. Passer Rating? QBR? PFF? Wins and losses? what metric are you using?

Big 12 coaches sure think so but yes I'm aware during Brewer's "great season" his passer rating was two tenths higher than Purdy yet you still would rather have Stanley than both. Lol like I said you're a homer

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Purdy was better than Brewer? I'm confused. Passer Rating? QBR? PFF? Wins and losses? what metric are you using?
If it's just your personal opinion just go ahead and say so. I can understand being a homer. I don't dispute that i am. You made it sound like picking Brewer over Purdy was unthinkable tho and that's not the case for someone that is trying to be objective.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Big 12 coaches sure think so but yes I'm aware during Brewer's "great season" his passer rating was two tenths higher than Purdy yet you still would rather have Stanley than both. Lol like I said you're a homer
What about PFF? You always love to use that. They have Brewer 2nd team and Purdy 3rd.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I like both of them, would take Purdy if I had the choice, but would also be very happy to have Brewer be my QB. However, Stanley is not in the same conversation as these two.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

PFF's current QB rankings:
Purdy - 8th
Brewer - 15th

Yes I'm aware they had Brewer second team and Purdy third team and they think both are significantly better

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If it's just your personal opinion just go ahead and say so. I can understand being a homer. I don't dispute that i am. You made it sound like picking Brewer over Purdy was unthinkable tho and that's not the case for someone that is trying to be objective.

You picking Stanley over Brewer and Purdy is unthinkable

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Brewer was 8-1 in your conference. Is that not impressive?

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY