Latrell Bankston Commits

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I don't agree with this. Most of the stud DT in the NFL are 6'4" (besides Aaron Donald who's just an outlying freakozoid). We've even seen dudes like Arik Armstead have much success and he's 6'8".

If they're in the NFL, they play with excellent leverage and pad level- which isn't a given @ the collegiate level. I'm not saying Enyi can't do it; I'm just saying playing with a low center of gravity doesn't come naturally the taller you get.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloned

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We've had a lot of close games recently, wts, I can't believe we'd ever HAVE TO play another Nose besides Lima and Johnson. Those two are studs and a 2-man rotation should be plenty. Hell, with all the TV timeouts one guy could probably do it barring injury. 2 should do the trick when they're healthy.

Probably a big reason we haven't seen much of Lee this season despite him playing a decent amount last year (when Lima was hurt)
I'm confused by this. Aren't we talking about a guy who would be here fall of 2020? Why are we talking about a two man rotation of Lima and Johnson when Lima is a redshirt senior this year?

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I don't agree with this. Most of the stud DT in the NFL are 6'4" (besides Aaron Donald who's just an outlying freakozoid). We've even seen dudes like Arik Armstead have much success and he's 6'8".

Enyi's strength is stuffing the run, so I think he will do awesome at DT.

He plays low also. I think he gets moved inside

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

Enyi's strength is stuffing the run, so I think he will do awesome at DT.
We’re not talking the NFL. We’re talking Jon Heacock’s 3-3-5 scheme in college, and how he uses the nose tackle.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I'd love to see Eni get moved around situationally. In passing situations, having 3 out Eni, Bailey, Petersen and Willie Mac brings a lot of speed and athleticism.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I'm confused by this. Aren't we talking about a guy who would be here fall of 2020? Why are we talking about a two man rotation of Lima and Johnson when Lima is a redshirt senior this year?

I thought somebody mentioned Isaiah Lee not getting much PT this season.

• Agree
Reactions: DurangoCy

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
If the staff wants him and since he is a JC transfer they must think he will have an immediate impact so that's all I need to know.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
I thought somebody mentioned Isaiah Lee not getting much PT this season.
I’m wondering if he hasn’t been somewhat dinged up this year. Either that or a situation where he is just stuck behind two stud NGs. Campbell included him in his list of guys that he is excited about among young players on his recent coaches show.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
Cmc has signed only a handful of HS DT in his time here. Surely some of the recruited DEs will end up inside, but isu could certainly use depth/potential starter here next season. With 99% of the DTs meaningful snaps graduating after this year. Color me slightly worried. JJ and lima have been outstanding. Will be tough to replace.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Cmc has signed only a handful of HS DT in his time here.
Lima had three years remaining when he signed. That’s the only JC DT he’s signed..,so far.

High school DT’s signed would include Jamahl Johnson, Josh Bailey, Tucker Robertson and Isaiah Lee, with a commitment from Willis Singleton Jr.

I’m not sure what you consider “only a handful” for a position we mainly only play one guy at. Bankston would be icing on the cake.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Lima had three years remaining when he signed. That’s the only JC DT he’s signed..,so far.

High school DT’s signed would include Jamahl Johnson, Josh Bailey, Tucker Robertson and Isaiah Lee, with a commitment from Willis Singleton Jr.

I’m not sure what you consider “only a handful” for a position we mainly only play one guy at. Bankston would be icing on the cake.
False. Kamilo Tongamoa.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron