Nub hoops off to a great start!!!!!!!

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
He was ahead of the curve on transfers when he took the ISU job. Much more competitive now. Victim of his own success.

If he would have stayed at ISU long term and hired a HS recruiter + take a more balanced approach to recruiting, it would have been the best outcome for everyone involved.

But unfortunately he thought the NBA grass was greener.....

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Looks like four of them, with three coming off their redshirt next year.

View attachment 68600

PRPG! scores on Bart Torvik --

-0.1 = Banton
1.7 = Cheatham
0.0 = Stevenson
0.1 = Walker

Barf. Three of them were replacement level at their previous stop.

Cheatham has a -3.3 so far at Nebraska.

I might be sawing the branch between me and the trunk, but I do not think I am venturing too far to say this is not exactly Royce White, Chris Allen, and Chris Babb.

Some might remember Banton as the highly regarded recruit that went to Western Kentucky of all places. He has not done much there. Cheatham was considered the best of the transfers and he has been bad so far, albeit early.

They'll have more depth and talent next year, but the cavalry isn't exactly arriving. If the kid from Lincoln goes elsewhere they are probably going to be bad, and not all that young to boot.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
By definition, anyone who doesn't start is a miss?
Perhaps you don’t understand what “regardless of the manner of Long’s contribution to SUU” means.

By definition, anyone playing at SUU because of being culled after barely playing is a miss.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
If he would have stayed at ISU long term and hired a HS recruiter + take a more balanced approach to recruiting, it would have been the best outcome for everyone involved.

But unfortunately he thought the NBA grass was greener.....

C'mon now, you were around here when he left...

Fred left to pursue his DREAM job. His DREAAAAAM JOOOOBBB!!!

DREAM JOB.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I'd forgotten that Otz moved on to UNLV. SDSU most certainly would beat this Nebraska team with him head coaching...probably still will.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I'd forgotten that Otz moved on to UNLV. SDSU most certainly would beat this Nebraska team with him head coaching...probably still will.

Not so sure. He just got beat by Cal, who's basically the Nebraska of the Pac12.