After Bye Week

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
Is Campbell 0-3 after a bye week the last 3 years or am I misremembering?

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Does it really matter?.....If Brock Purdy sees Charlie Kolar open in the endzone....WE WIN.....

It does matter because in that first half we looked like we changed absolutely nothing. Besides, Purdy didn’t have time to find Kolar as he was being pressured. Hall was his first read and Pettway was his second. Didn’t have time to find Kolar

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
I think bye weeks are overrated when it comes to preparation. They are only valuable in giving guys a break and getting the wounded healthy.
To me, that’s part of preparation.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I mean if they hadn't played such an awful beginning to the game they wouldn't have been down 42-21, so yeah it kinda matters.

I personally consider the 4 months after the spring game as one big bye preparation period....include the season openers with our preparedness versus other teams' coaching preparedness in these evaluations.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Does it really matter?.....If Brock Purdy sees Charlie Kolar open in the endzone....WE WIN.....
He had a Sooner full sprinting right towards him. He didn't have that extra second to see him unfortunately. He had to release it...it was a very good throw. Yes, he was interfered with but did you really think the officials were going to throw the flag on the Sooners on that play?

• Optimistic
Reactions: FinalFourCy

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Is Campbell 0-3 after a bye week the last 3 years or am I misremembering?

It might have something to do with who they play after a bye. This year it was Iowa and OU, both good, ranked teams. They played fairly well in both games, but in both games, the defense failed to get the turnovers the other teams threw to them. Something that has plagued this team all year.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It might have something to do with who they play after a bye. This year it was Iowa and OU, both good, ranked teams. They played fairly well in both games, but in both games, the defense failed to get the turnovers the other teams threw to them. Something that has plagued this team all year.
It’s certainly overblown. This year we lost two toss-ups , one of which was on the road against a top team.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
It’s certainly overblown. This year we lost two toss-ups , one of which was on the road against a top team.

Yes, no one is happy with the loss, but if you step back a little, ISU was a 15 point underdog, played a shaky first half on defense, and still was inches from winning at the end. Honestly, got completely screwed at the end.