Nub hoops off to a great start!!!!!!!

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The cold dead look in Fred's eyes as the game was ending last night spoke volumes.

giphy.gif

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
...Like if he stood there long enough that dog'd get up and run...

From Bruce's song "Reason to Believe" on the "Nebraska" album...it's a lonely place for Fred out in New Nebraskagolia.

Last edited:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
but don’t we all hate nebraska? Some of us hate iowa more but still hate nebraska. Some of you hate nebraska more. But we all hate.

we should all enjoy them losing.

Hate Nebraska football.

Actually respect the heck out of Nebraska basketball fans. Almost zero success and they've been 10th or 11th in the country in attendance the last 5 years. Great job by their fans.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Hate Nebraska football.

Actually respect the heck out of Nebraska basketball fans. Almost zero success and they've been 10th or 11th in the country in attendance the last 5 years. Great job by their fans.

I don't get why they supported the past few years more than the Danny Nee years when they actually were decent but just couldn't win a game in the dance.

Is there actually less to do in modern day Nebraska than there was in the early 90s?

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Hate Nebraska football.

Nothing wrong with respect. When Memorial Stadium becomes the third largest "city" on game day it says it's important to them.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
How does he not deserve this? No one put a gun to his head and forced him into the choices he made that brought him here.
I literally said that he signed up for it. More of saying that I’m in limbo here. I still like Fred and it would take him publicly saying “**** Iowa State University” for me to change my mind. On the other hand, he didn’t deserve what happened to him in Chicago with that incompetent front office and the horrible roster moves they made that made them go from a playoff team to one of the worst teams in the NBA.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I literally said that he signed up for it. More of saying that I’m in limbo here. I still like Fred and it would take him publicly saying “**** Iowa State University” for me to change my mind. On the other hand, he didn’t deserve what happened to him in Chicago with that incompetent front office and the horrible roster moves they made that made them go from a playoff team to one of the worst teams in the NBA.

Who thought Chicago was a good situation for him? Anyone who even remotely follows the NBA knew that was a awful a situation as he could possibly end up in. It was a total rebuild with a 100% change in coaching philosophy in a league with a revolving door of head coaches. Anyone who thought he would last his first contract was blinded by his dreaminess.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

I understand your point, I just have a real hard time feeling any sympathy at all for Fred. He knew who was running the show in Chicago, and he was very well compensated for his time there. He also knew (or had the opportunity to know) what he was getting into in Lincoln, and is also being very well compensated for that.

It's hard for me to feel sorry for someone who walked out on a great situation only to find a lot of struggle.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Exactly. Although he quit earnestly recruiting long before, he left in June for a job we all knew, including recruits, for months he was taking.

Just a former Cyclone that’s now a Husker. It would be odd to root for a Husker imo.

Is it really that black and white?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

of course he deserved what happened in Chicago. He was so desperate to get out of Ames, he used a personal relationship with foreman to get the job.

no one else hired him. As you could see with how he handled jimmy butler, other gm’s knew better. He was hired to be a yes man to a fo that hated the previous coach for telling them to **** off.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: harimad and legi

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron