INSIDER: What I'm hearing on the scrimmage vs. Wisconsin

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
You know roch.......if we chuck up 62 3 pointers in a game this year against OSU I will certainly like to ask Prohm and staff what they were thinking. And if people don't know the difference between constructive criticism and something like this I don't know what to tell you.

actually the worst part is the same people losing their minds about how terrible prohm is are like ghosts when they are winning.

It’s like uncytely in group form.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Sig brought up the UVA and Tony Bennett comparison on linear growth....not me.

I think for the most part everyone is on the same page at this point. CSP is going to have the opportunity to cement his legacy over the next 4 years. CFH was better inside Hilton although we remember the offensive efficiency better than it really was. CSP is slightly better away from
home although the narrative of us being road warriors under Prohm isn’t true either. Both of them were “nails” on neutral courts.

I think CSP gets us to the tournament all of the next 3 years and we move past these debates. People will appreciate the architect and also the current coach who at that will have expanded the program.

My projection for this year is 10-3 in the non-conference and 10-8 in conference for 20-11 overall. Should land us in the #6 to #8 seed area for the NCAA and 4th or 5th in the Big 12.

Bolded: excellent point. People act like it was UNLV '90 under Fred when there were plenty of times their offense looked horrible.

This will be an interesting year. The 'youth' thing stands for a bit but if there's talent there it should be utilized.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Indeed.

(1.) W's are W's, home or road. I like Hilton Magic, too, but we seem to have this unique thing as a fan base where we count home wins more than road wins. Nobody else does.

(2.) I remember Hoiberg teams with some awful dry spells, too.

The advanced metrics say our offense is just as good/if not better than under Hoiberg, and the defense is actually slightly better than it was under Hoiberg.

View attachment 67977

Look at the ADJO and ADJD ratings and rankings and tell me what you see.

(3.) Oh yes, that Baylor game...

View attachment 67978

We never had teams go on runs on us or have bad losses under Saint Fred of Lincoln.

(4.) We run a ton of PnR, just like we always did, and forced switches onto mismatches that we try to exploit, and usually have somebody go 1v1 at the end of the shot clock.

That is 75% of college basketball offenses nowadays.

See the efficiency numbers again. Prohm had the #9 offense in the nation last year.

(5.) Meh. Everybody is kind of discombobulated to start the season.

(6.) I thought these were fun.

dc0e1435-eaa3-45da-abcb-83c44065b279-AP19076022204350.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

This was a heck of a lot of fun, too...

You know what was not fun? Losing to a bad South Carolina team in New York.

We can both cherry-pick highlights and lowlights. The fact we can speaks to the similarities.

defense eff average under CFH 97.8
Defense eff average under CSP 98.2

We keep saying the defense is better under CSP but is that supported by the defense efficiency numbers? The two Best def eff for a team in the last 9 years were both under CFH.

In the same vein the efficiency numbers will tell us that CSP’s offenses have been more efficient that CFH.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
defense eff average under CFH 97.8
Defense eff average under CSP 98.2

We keep saying the defense is better under CSP but is that supported by the defense efficiency numbers. Best def eff for a team in the last 9 years was under CFH.

look at you trying to argue against your own statements.

so who are the prohm defenders that go after Campbell?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Bolded: excellent point. People act like it was UNLV '90 under Fred when there were plenty of times their offense looked horrible.

This will be an interesting year. The 'youth' thing stands for a bit but if there's talent there it should be utilized.

you mean we didn’t win national championships under Fred?

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

Read the Oklahoma State, Baylor and Iowa game threads and then the “I’m done with Matt Campbell” thread.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Read the Oklahoma State, Baylor and Iowa game threads and then the “I’m done with Matt Campbell” thread.

Ok. Who in that group is a prohm defender?

most of those “fans” go after prohm much harder than they did Matt.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

Yes it is odd that I’m remember the CFH’s offenses being more efficient just like you and others think that the CSP defenses are more efficient when the numbers don’t support either. Perhaps the numbers don’t quite tell the whole story.....I know that would be shocking.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
you mean we didn’t win national championships under Fred?

Yes we did...didn’t we? The one year we may have had a look at it was when the lost to UCONN. Georges would have helped mightily in that game but people forget that Hogue went OFF in that game likely made up the scoring difference that Niang would have provided. It’s funny how pathetic some of these people that defend Fred are. He dumped us for someone hotter and ended up with a pig. **** him.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Yes it is odd that I’m remember the CFH’s offenses being more efficient just like you and others think that the CSP defenses are more efficient when the numbers don’t support either. Perhaps the numbers don’t quite tell the whole story.....I know that would be shocking.

lol. At least be honest about your agenda here.

Who in those ignorant threads that went after the football coaches, are prohm defenders? You’re the one that made a statement as if it were a fact, so which ones are they?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Yes we did...didn’t we? The one year we may have had a look at it was when the lost to UCONN. Georges would have helped mightily in that game but people forget that Hogue went OFF in that game likely made up the scoring difference that Niang would have provided. It’s funny how pathetic some of these people that defend Fred are. He dumped us for someone hotter and ended up with a pig. **** him.

I wasn’t even mad that he left. He had that heart issue his last year, his wife wanted out of Ames, and he had a friend that would hire him for a job that paid extremely well.

I understood.

but these fans trying so hard to defend and protect him are ridiculous.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
lol. At least be honest about your agenda here.

Who in those ignorant threads that went after the football coaches, are prohm defenders? You’re the one that made a statement as if it were a fact, so which ones are they?

What’s my agenda? I’ve discussed facts and analysis with Sigs. I given CSP credit for getting this program on stable footing. I’ve indicated that if he gets to the NCAA the next three years he will be the best coach in Iowa State history and the debate about CFH vs. CSP will end. What is my agenda? I give credit to the architect and if CSP can continue to maintain the NCAA tournament level performance he will be the GOAT. Once again where is my agenda unless you don’t like facts being interjected to push back on other people’s agendas.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
What’s my agenda? I’ve discussed facts and analysis with Sigs. I given CSP credit for getting this program on stable footing. I’ve indicated that if he gets to the NCAA the next three years he will be the best coach in Iowa State history and the debate about CFH vs. CSP. What is my agenda? I give credit to the architect and if CSP can continue to maintain the NCAA tournament level performance he will be the GOAT. Once again where is my agenda unless you don’t like facts being interjected to push back on other people’s agendas.

Why are you not telling me the names of the prohm defenders that criticize Campbell?

And lol at you. You have Jeremy agreeing with you. That should tell you everything about what you’re doing here.

so, again, the names of the prohm defenders going after Campbell like you’re going after prohm?

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
What’s my agenda? I’ve discussed facts and analysis with Sigs. I given CSP credit for getting this program on stable footing. I’ve indicated that if he gets to the NCAA the next three years he will be the best coach in Iowa State history and the debate about CFH vs. CSP. What is my agenda? I give credit to the architect and if CSP can continue to maintain the NCAA tournament level performance he will be the GOAT. Once again where is my agenda unless you don’t like facts being interjected to push back on other people’s agendas.

The "architect" was Johnny. Everyone other than GMAC has done a good job of maintaining. Yes, even Wayne. Took a job no one wanted and kept our head above water. What Fred did to get us out of the GMAC death spiral was nothing short of a miracle. Don't know if anyone else could have done that. Just like however, I don't know if Fred could have maintained what you think CSP needs to do to become the "best coach in ISU history". It is what it is. Be happy CSP isn't GMAC and enjoy this season.

Reactions: isu83

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Why are you not telling me the names of the prohm defenders that criticize Campbell?

And lol at you. You have Jeremy agreeing with you. That should tell you everything about what you’re doing here.

so, again, the names of the prohm defenders going after Campbell like you’re going after prohm?

Your mission to downplay and dismiss every accomplishment under CFH is what is embarrassing. You are acting like a jilted gf. Please move past it. Some of us discuss numbers and facts and can have a decent conversation and debate. You add nothing other than insults and accusations.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron