And from the "I've heard this before" rumor mill ...

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
B12N
---
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
WVU

B12S
---
Arizona
Arizona State
Baylor
TCU
Texas
Texas Tech

Put some sort of protected rivalry in with UT and OU?
Nah screw them. Also it might be better for them anyway, see Bama vs Georgia. With no protected rivalries you can actually rotate to play all of the teams in decent manner, like the old Big 12.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Nah screw them. Also it might be better for them anyway, see Bama vs Georgia. With no protected rivalries you can actually rotate to play all of the teams in decent manner, like the old Big 12.

Oklahoma and Texas were in the same division in the old Big 12, though. I am pretty sure those two are going to want to play each other every year no matter what.

And the SEC has protected rivalries...

16.12.12-SEC-Schedules-Grid.png

Alabama always playing Auburn and LSU is not exactly taking it easy on them. Plus, when they went to this system in the 1990s, Tennessee was national title quality.

Looking at the list, I would want Missouri's slate.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
My sense is that way too much is made of a university/conference tie as has been stated here before. During my Chevron days, we made this announcement. I've included schools. Universities like yours, Texas and aTm are way more than their conference affiliation. The two Arizona schools were once in the Border Conference after all.

SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- The Chevron Corp. Board of Directors today announced that Vice Chairman Dave O'Reilly (University of Dublin) has been elected chairman of the board and chief executive officer, effective January 1.

O'Reilly, 52, will succeed Ken Derr (Cornell Univesity), 63, who has elected to retire after a distinguished career of almost 40 years with the company, including 11 years as chairman and CEO.

Richard Matzke (Iowa State University), 62, a member of the Board of Directors and president of Chevron Overseas Petroleum Inc. (COPI), will succeed O'Reilly as vice chairman, responsible for worldwide exploration and production operations.

Last edited:
Reactions: CycoCyclone

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
My sense is that way too much is made of a university/conference tie as has been stated here before. During my Chevron days, we made this announcement. I've included schools. Universities like yours, Texas and aTm are way more than their conference affiliation. The two Arizona schools were once in the Border Conference after all.

SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- The Chevron Corp. Board of Directors today announced that Vice Chairman Dave O'Reilly (University of Dublin) has been elected chairman of the board and chief executive officer, effective January 1.

O'Reilly, 52, will succeed Ken Derr (Cornell Univesity), 63, who has elected to retire after a distinguished career of almost 40 years with the company, including 11 years as chairman and CEO.

Richard Matzke (Iowa State University), 62, a member of the Board of Directors and president of Chevron Overseas Petroleum Inc. (COPI), will succeed O'Reilly as vice chairman, responsible for worldwide exploration and production operations.

Is the University of Dublin coming to the Big12, or how is this post relevant?

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
The point is that universities are way more than the conference they affiliate with, thus the argument that the Arizona schools would not leave the left coast is silly. Senior leadership at Chevron, for example, comes from all types of schools in and out of P5 conferences. Granted, the example is oblique.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron