Snow Next Week??

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
giphy.gif

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
My leaves haven't even dropped with the exception of the red maple. The ginko and magnolia haven't even turned color. Might be another season where i am raking and bagging all bundled up in freeing ass cold weather rather than just crisp late autumn afternoons. Had years where I got schedule squeezed between too rain everyday and forecast for snow where I was out bagging under work light which sucked.

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Seeing predictions of upper 20's for Friday night. That will take some fun out of Friday night tailgating.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Living that light blue life in Ohio. Amazing how much better the climate is here than in Des Moines. Just enough to take the edge off.

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
My leaves haven't even dropped with the exception of the red maple. The ginko and magnolia haven't even turned color. Might be another season where i am raking and bagging all bundled up in freeing ass cold weather rather than just crisp late autumn afternoons. Had years where I got schedule squeezed between too rain everyday and forecast for snow where I was out bagging under work light which sucked.
You must of missed the memo that you are not suppose to rake leaves anymore
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/n...-say-you-shouldnt-rake-leaves-heres-why/59439

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Sweet, I've been doing this forever. Never raked, just mowed them, then let the wind blow it away.

Yeah, but you live on a yuge country estate where you can do that. ;)

My neighbors, up hill and upwind from me, have a big grove of red and white oaks that pretty much funnel down onto my small lot. I bag in spring and the fall because the oaks fall all winter. And they do not compost worth a ****, unlike silver maples leaves that crumble to dust by spring. The big black hole to the alternative oak and squirrel universe at the end of the block doesn't help. It's a portal to bushels and bushels of more oak leaves and an endless supply of squirrels. It never stops. I hate that black hole.

BTW all of the leaves picked up here do go to a composting site and not landfill. The article was just dumb for anyone who lives in a heavily wooded area. And I am not sure what kind dumb **** city/state puts leaves into a landfill like that article said.

• Agree
Reactions: 2020cy

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Ahhhhhh......the season of depression and alcohol abuse is back.

Seems like only 6 months ago we had a blizzard

Oh. ****. We did just have a ******* blizzard in ******* April

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Sweet, I've been doing this forever. Never raked, just mowed them, then let the wind blow it away.

Raking and bagging is stupid and for suckers. I blow them into the yard and murder them with my mower. They either break down by next spring or blow away.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I've had nothing but fine weather (except for the storms) since I moved back to Iowa in May. I expect it to continue! As a matter of fact, I insist on it continuing! :rolleyes:

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Yeah, but you live on a yuge country estate where you can do that. ;)

My neighbors, up hill and upwind from me, have a big grove of red and white oaks that pretty much funnel down onto my small lot. I bag in spring and the fall because the oaks fall all winter. And they do not compost worth a ****, unlike silver maples leaves that crumble to dust by spring. The big black hole to the alternative oak and squirrel universe at the end of the block doesn't help. It's a portal to bushels and bushels of more oak leaves and an endless supply of squirrels. It never stops. I hate that black hole.

BTW all of the leaves picked up here do go to a composting site and not landfill. The article was just dumb for anyone who lives in a heavily wooded area. And I am not sure what kind dumb **** city/state puts leaves into a landfill like that article said.

Right now I have a nice layer of acorns in the back yard. Seems like the oak trees put out twice as many as last year.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Right now I have a nice layer of acorns in the back yard. Seems like the oak trees put out twice as many as last year.

Hmmm, now that you mention it I don't think I have noticed it being a big mast year here. Have had some huge bumper crop years though. I think last year maybe. A steady sound of the acorns plunking on the roof and than rolling down to the gutter. Vaulted ceilings so you hear it.