New Uniforms Revealed

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I'll guess cardinal helmet with an alternate/throwback logo & new gold facemask, current cardinal jersey, new gold pants, white socks, white shoes.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
It is Homecoming, so you can't freak out the alumni returning to campus for the game. Being somewhat hyperbolic, but I think it it safe to say we won't do anything too crazy.

• Winner
Reactions: everyyard

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
chrome helmet with black logo and face mask? or do we save that for Texas?
Because it's Homecoming, I would love to see us rock some sort of throwback uniform whether that be a throwback from the 80's or even one from the 2000's. If we do go with a throwback, I want us to actually have every facet of the uniform be throwback. I don't want us to use our current uniforms and throw it together with a new decal er something like that.

And I do think the chrome helmets with everything else black would look sweet, especially with the black stencil decal. Louisville did something similar and might still do it, but it looks pretty good!

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Because it's Homecoming, I would love to see us rock some sort of throwback uniform whether that be a throwback from the 80's or even one from the 2000's. If we do go with a throwback, I want us to actually have every facet of the uniform be throwback. I don't want us to use our current uniforms and throw it together with a new decal er something like that.

And I do think the chrome helmets with everything else black would look sweet, especially with the black stencil decal. Louisville did something similar and might still do it, but it looks pretty good!
Chrome helmet with no emblem would work best IMO since the black jerseys don't have any cardinal or gold. Maybe a gold outline with the players number or something else that's subtle

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

so in other words, just use the black stencil we used on the white helmets earlier this year.

CheapClone1202

Has 3 legs
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2019
Reactions: Scott34

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I'm cool with a throwback but I pray to god they do it well. There's a high risk/ high reward component to trying to pull those off. There's so many ways they can go wrong and they can be completely misunderstood like what look you were even going for and then end up on social media with every wondering wtf iowa state was even trying to do. But, on the other hand, if you nail it those babies can be utterly glorious.

Regardless of what they do: 1/3 love it, 1/3 hate it, 1/3 ambivalent.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
This one is fun! A larger Cy would be cool. I'd love to see Walking Cy or the Orrnado on a helmet this weekend. Just, please for the love of God, no Bugles.
blackhelmetb-wcy-jpg.67733

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
please be 83' please be 83'
The '83s (gold helmet) to me are a great candidate for a tribute kit. We match the uni colors, get a yellow hat and put the tornado on it (no text). Could do the center stripe as well.

And then...we just keep it as our unis!

Reactions: dawgpound

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
This one is fun! A larger Cy would be cool. I'd love to see Walking Cy or the Orrnado on a helmet this weekend. Just, please for the love of God, no Bugles.
blackhelmetb-wcy-jpg.67733

Agreed. I don't love the b/w but a large, nearly "oversized" Walking Cy would be dope. I think KU has done that before...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron