Camping World Bowl- Who would go?

jmclone

Aug 29, 2017
What people really like is better urban planning and centralization. Orlando itself is barely bigger than DSM. Orlando kind of sucks, not just for Bowl games, for the reasons you listed imo[/QUOTE]

I live in Orlando , I'm sorry but you are dead wrong on this.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I would be there if we were there.
SingleThunderousAfricanjacana-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: BoxsterCy

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I'd love to. Funds might be an issue. One of these years I really want to make it to a bowl though

Maybe the Iowa game compares (I don't ever attend), but the last two bowl games have been electric. Especially the Liberty Bowl when the crowd was pretty balanced. It's been an awesome experience.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I would go and the weekend date is helpful. Families would like it.

But like others, hard to get excited about a big, sprawling area like Orlando. Love it when we dominate a location and that would not likely happen there.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I live in Orlando , I'm sorry but you are dead wrong on this.
My regrets, and I’m not.

Also LOL at the person who compared Des Moines population to Orlando. You may be right that the population of each city itself is almost the same, but the Orlando metro is 2.5 million compared to what, 600k for DSM area.
Lol, that was exactly the point.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
If it's Camping World or Sugar we'll be there. If it's Alamo again we'd be 50-50. Had lots of fun but going to the same place two years in a row is less appealing. If we don't go to one of these three it'd mean we didn't finish the season strong and finished outside of the top 4 (assuming OK is in CFP).
I think we will go if it’s Alamo or Sugar. I am cool with going back to Alamo right away mostly because I’d really like to do it differently. Sugar would be really awesome.
Camping World I think it’s possible but it’s a poor location if you aren’t doing a trip around it and it’s so far away.

Let’s just win out and go to the Sugar Bowl.

• Agree
Reactions: CyHans

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
“us”. Lol.
You can "us" your alma mater. I thought this was discussed in an earlier thread. You can't use "us" when talking about your favorite pro team however. Loyalty be damned there.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
If I remember right, this is the end of the agreement of the ACC/SEC/ and Big Ten for the Music City Bowl in Nashville. Wish the Big 12 could pick it up for future bowls. Imagine the Iowa State fans taking over Nashville

Yes this would be awesome and we need another Big Ten/Big12 matchup bowl.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I went to High School in Orlando, and it would be awesome to go home for a game! Noon kicks in December are warm and nice in Orlando to boot. Just stay downtown, go to Church Street District, etc. Sure beats the hell out of going to some of the other places ISU has gone in the past! Playing an ACC game would be fun too. ACC not AAC, not WAC, not MAC, not MWC, but A-C-C as in home of the current National Champions. Hope it's Pitt or Virginia, but not picky. Virginia Tech would be fun too, and their fans travel like ISU fans. That would be a GREAT match-up actually. Bring it on!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron