BLUM: Iowa State has an offense

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Need to give the freshmen backs more touches. Run game is the problem, the two we rely on are slightly below average backs so far this season.

• Dislike
Reactions: bthebutcher

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
There were at least a couple plays where Baylor KNEW what play we were going to run. I think one was a bubble screen. There is no explanation of how 3 guys could be on the receiver in the backfield before the ball was even thrown. That would leave the rest of the field wide open.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloned

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Need to give the freshmen backs more touches. Run game is the problem, the two we rely on are slightly below average backs so far this season.

I agree, they need a few more carries anyway, to see what they can do. Not a fan of #25, who seems to struggle finding a hole. Love Kene, but 4 plays per injury is just not ever going to work. Johnny might be the guy in the end. At least there have been some glimpses of good plays for him.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It almost feels like CMC was going to give Hall the first 3 games, then give Brock the next 3 games, and then decide which one was going to play the rest of the year and which one was going to RS?

This offense, and the playcalling just leave me confused though.

As everyone has pointed out... Baylor was rushing 3 and playing 8 guys in coverage much of the game. If you can't run on that, then your OL has to be complete garbage... which could be the case for ISU?

And if you can't run on that, then you should either be dinking and dunking it right down the field, or going over the top.... but we seemed to play right into it by passing it to the 10-20 yd mid-routes.

I've been impressed with this offense under CMC probably ONCE since CMC has been here... and that was against ULM. We've had some great wins, don't get me wrong, but pretty much all of those were won with defense.

I've been really hoping that one of these years some of the underclassmen OL would pass up some of these seniors on the OL. And it hasn't helped that Foster didn't live up to his high expectations either. And then Mueller transferred out too, as well as Forbes, right?

All I know is that this could likely be a MUST win Saturday. If we start 0-2 in the Big 12 and still have to face OU, Texas, and go to Okie State.... we'd be staring at a 4-5 Big 12 record this season, and a 6-6 overall finish... which right now is about what we'd deserve.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It almost feels like CMC was going to give Hall the first 3 games, then give Brock the next 3 games, and then decide which one was going to play the rest of the year and which one was going to RS?

This offense, and the playcalling just leave me confused though.

As everyone has pointed out... Baylor was rushing 3 and playing 8 guys in coverage much of the game. If you can't run on that, then your OL has to be complete garbage... which could be the case for ISU?

And if you can't run on that, then you should either be dinking and dunking it right down the field, or going over the top.... but we seemed to play right into it by passing it to the 10-20 yd mid-routes.

I've been impressed with this offense under CMC probably ONCE since CMC has been here... and that was against ULM. We've had some great wins, don't get me wrong, but pretty much all of those were won with defense.

I've been really hoping that one of these years some of the underclassmen OL would pass up some of these seniors on the OL. And it hasn't helped that Foster didn't live up to his high expectations either. And then Mueller transferred out too, as well as Forbes, right?

All I know is that this could likely be a MUST win Saturday. If we start 0-2 in the Big 12 and still have to face OU, Texas, and go to Okie State.... we'd be staring at a 4-5 Big 12 record this season, and a 6-6 overall finish... which right now is about what we'd deserve.

I would suggest taking a break from watching ISU.

Might be a long basketball season for you too.

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron