ISU press conference about band situation

Alswelk

Slightly Radioactive
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2006
Albuquerque, NM
Makes me wonder what the story will be next year after the CyHawk game if there is a story with how the ISU band gets treated as there definitely will be a heightened awareness and likely people proactively documenting and taking video of anything that possibly happens.

I'm almost mad enough about this to talk to some other marching band alumni and pooling money to buy a significant number of body cameras before the game next year.

• Creative
Reactions: yCy and aauummm

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Live look in on JP's response to the question from Randy Peterson that ISU might have a crowd problem:

giphy.gif

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Miller and his hawk cronie were already blasting pollard saying he’s victim blaming. Such idiots.

**** Iowa.

I've gotten the same response from every iowa fan I spoken to about this. It's convenient way of not defending a stupid position. You can't shame what isn't there. No one has bothered to file a complaint with the Ames police.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
If Gameday comes to the Texas game (I understand, not likely) look for me with the "Believe Me!" sign that has Ryan Lochte, Jussie Smollet, and the Iowa Hok band pictured.

Just as most of us with critical thinking skills thought from the start, pretty much confirmed a hoax.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Miller and his hawk cronie were already blasting pollard saying he’s victim blaming. Such idiots.

**** Iowa.
Is the cronie Condon? The guy who admitted last week he threw a cup of piss on a Wisconsin fan?

Cyder91

Jul 19, 2018
I was trying to leave the west gate as this was happening, and this description is 100% accurate.
Thanks for the eyewitness confirmation! What the frick was that band thinking......almost as if they wanted to start something. Common sense was lacking apparently with the leaders of the band. If I were exiting as an ISU fan, I would think that the band playing and marching there would be the most obnoxious and rude behavior to have.

SIDE NOTE: I was at the entire game! On the west side. Watching the game siting there I thought that the Iowa band was extremely obnoxious with their playing while they sat in the stands. I don't normally notice but they drew my attention because they constantly played over the ISU band sitting at the north end and even kept playing while the sound system was playing music. It's as if they took music AND rudeness lessons at the same time.

vortec22

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2009
Grinnell, IA
I think we should start a gofundme to buy bodycams for all of the ISU marching band members to wear next year in Iowa City. We could then throw the footage in their faces after the game, and see what happens.

• Creative
Reactions: aauummm