The infamous holding call

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
So you think he got an intentional grounding because the ball didn't get to the line of scrimmage?

Yep. Ref said he was outside tackle box on tv when call was made. Arm was hit so ball did not make it past line of scrimmage toward sideline. Yes.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
BTW @Gonzo how is the daughter liking ISU? Been a few weeks now.

She's loving it, thanks. Got her top sorority choice on bid day, loving her classes. Has a class with your boy Matt Leo and it sounds like he's a very cool and nice guy. Was just up there yesterday for some lunch and to replenish groceries. Some of the Iowa signs hung out front of the frat houses were ******* funny.

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019
OK Chad....

I have said this multiple times, but the Iowa staff thinks he has the potential to be the best center that KF has coached at Iowa. He really has been awesome. On Stanley’s QB sneak he bulldozed the Iowa State defensive lineman (I believe it was Lima but don’t remember for sure) 4 yards deep in the end zone and pancaked him.

• Informative
Reactions: Doc

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I thought Iowa State's line looked good too and some of that was the scheme ISU runs and the other was that Purdy was really quick with his reads and throws. Outside of a few plays, Purdy was really good Saturday night.
Yeah I thought Purdy missed on a couple of his throws and obviously had the fumble that was at an inopportune time in regards to field position. He's got to protect the ball when he scrambles, but that's fixable. I thought Stanley played pretty well too outside of a few throws and two of those throws our guys couldn't come down with the interceptions. Good QB play all around considering the defenses they saw.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Studying for an exam. They don’t give out fry cook licenses to just anybody.
Best of luck on the prognosis. Not that you care, but I’m only here because I’ve been off the last month or two and don’t start a new job until October (insert McDonald’s joke here). In a couple weeks you will all get your wish and I’ll be here much less frequently.
School is going great- I’m in my last semester and have my job lined up already, so I am in “B’s get degrees” mode at this point. Weather has been pretty terrible recently, but there’s only another month or two left until it starts warming up a bit, and then I will be done with winters- hopefully forever. I’ll be moving somewhere warm after I graduate and have no intention of ever moving back to Iowa.
RG0BS1U.gif

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
She's loving it, thanks. Got her top sorority choice on bid day, loving her classes. Has a class with your boy Matt Leo and it sounds like he's a very cool and nice guy. Was just up there yesterday for some lunch and to replenish groceries. Some of the Iowa signs hung out front of the frat houses were ******* funny.

Good for her. She engineering again? No stalking, thinking that or Ed. My son has been enjoying it so far better than HS. Glad he is, was concerned he’d have issues not playing but seems to have moved on. Was going to take him out to eat after the game but 3 hours of sitting under a canopy killed that. She get FB tickets?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It's fun sometimes if you get paired up with the athletes for projects. I was paired up with DeAndre Jackson and Reggie George once. Good guys but not scholars, LOL.

• Funny
Reactions: BCClone

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Good for her. She engineering again? No stalking, thinking that or Ed. My son has been enjoying it so far better than HS. Glad he is, was concerned he’d have issues not playing but seems to have moved on. Was going to take him out to eat after the game but 3 hours of sitting under a canopy killed that. She get FB tickets?

Education major. Yeah she scored both student FB and MBB tickets. When I found out they did a lottery for MBB tix I didn't think she had a chance and, of course, she landed some. Told her if I were an upperclassman and lost out on Hilton tix to a snot-nosed frosh I'd have cut a b****.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Elementary Ed. Yeah she scored both student FB and MBB tickets. When I found out they did a lottery for MBB tix I didn't think she had a chance and, of course, she landed some. Told her if I were an upperclassman and lost out on Hilton tix to a snot-nosed frosh I'd have cut a b****.
I believe all freshman get entered into a lottery system, everyone else get's them automatically if you pay for them.

• Informative
Reactions: Gonzo and BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Education major. Yeah she scored both student FB and MBB tickets. When I found out they did a lottery for MBB tix I didn't think she had a chance and, of course, she landed some. Told her if I were an upperclassman and lost out on Hilton tix to a snot-nosed frosh I'd have cut a b****.

I lost out my junior year for BB. Thankfully I started working there so I was on the floor and free to boot.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I just recommend that next time you brag about coaching football or call out other posters for a lack of perceived football knowledge, you don’t make a fool out of yourself by repeatedly asserting an inaccurate rule. Really all I’m looking for is an acknowledgement that you were wrong about the rule, but my guess is that your pride won’t allow you to admit that.
What is an inaccurate rule?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Do Iowa students have to enter a lottery to get basketball tickets?

Oh wait, that's right, they actually demand that Barta up the ante on freebies to get them to come to the games, I forgot.

One year it's a free slice of pizza. Then the next year it takes a free slice of pizza AND nachos to get them to come. Pretty soon it will be a steak dinner served to you at your seat.

Pringles

Jun 15, 2019
Do Iowa students have to enter a lottery to get basketball tickets?

Oh wait, that's right, they actually demand that Barta up the ante on freebies to get them to come to the games, I forgot.

One year it's a free slice of pizza. Then the next year it takes a free slice of pizza AND nachos to get them to come. Pretty soon it will be a steak dinner served to you at your seat.
And so what.. does it bother you that much Iowa students don’t go to the games

HawkInCO

Sep 15, 2019
Barta put out the press release to take heart off The Hold

Get a grip, dude. I joined the site today to wish ISU a great season and let people know that this Kum & Go thing is not representative of the IOWA fan base.

60%+ of all holding calls are made because an OL takes a DL to the ground. The other 40% are a jersey pull that is obvious. DL went to the ground, the hands of both OL are not apparent in the clip. They may have had a jersey pull, maybe they didn’t.

Either way, you had a pass that was clearly interfered with because the camera angles showed it, and you got a second chance to make a play. This seems very petty to me. I am sure some petty people exist on the IOWA side. A lot of our fans suck, but a lot are good, reasonable people.

You are obsessing about the wrong things. ISU had chances. Better chances than IOWA had. You have the entire season ahead of you. Go finish the goal and win. B12 title. I’ll root for you.

I have no idea what Barta is inferring. Unless there is context or a police report, who cares? The idea that he was trying to cover up for a holding call is lunacy.

I wish you the best, ISU players and fans.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Get a grip, dude. I joined the site today to wish ISU a great season and let people know that this Kum & Go thing is not representative of the IOWA fan base.

60%+ of all holding calls are made because an OL takes a DL to the ground. The other 40% are a jersey pull that is obvious. DL went to the ground, the hands of both OL are not apparent in the clip. They may have had a jersey pull, maybe they didn’t.

Either way, you had a pass that was clearly interfered with because the camera angles showed it, and you got a second chance to make a play. This seems very petty to me. I am sure some petty people exist on the IOWA side. A lot of our fans suck, but a lot are good, reasonable people.

You are obsessing about the wrong things. ISU had chances. Better chances than IOWA had. You have the entire season ahead of you. Go finish the goal and win. B12 title. I’ll root for you.

I have no idea what Barta is inferring. Unless there is context or a police report, who cares? The idea that he was trying to cover up for a holding call is lunacy.

I wish you the best, ISU players and fans.

Sorry we offended you by wanting a correct call on a 4th down.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and CyTwins

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Not offended. We, and referees, should strive to be correct. You got two fourth downs and zero receptions.

The success rate of 4th and 13 is like 16% and we converted our first chance successfully. I could probably find a guy (or girl) to do the math to see what kind of win percentage that bad call cost us.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

HawkInCO

Sep 15, 2019
The success rate of 4th and 13 is like 16% and we converted our first chance successfully. I could probably find a guy (or girl) to do the math to see what kind of win percentage that bad call cost us.

You converted what successfully? The ball bounced off the WR and our DB due to early contact.

Nothing says that he (WR) makes the catch w/o the penalty.

I need more info to understand the argument.

• Dumb

Help Support Us

Become a patron