The infamous holding call

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019
Oh I can admit I when I’m wrong. At the game I had told the hawk fan next to me the lineman touched it, saw the replay and saw I was wrong and admitted it.

I reread the rule and admit I missed the exception. I skimmed when I should not have and missed the exception that now makes allows a pass past the LOS of outside the tackle box. It doesn’t bother me to admit when I’m wrong so I can say it. I was wrong. If that gives you a warm fuzzy, I’m happy you are happy.

Good to hear. It’s nothing personal, but if you’re going to act like a smug jerk I’m going to respond in kind.

Both teams were pretty much even in a ridiculous game. I’d like to move forward with civil discussion (CyTwins and Cat Stevens notwithstanding).

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Your kicker and punter were very solid during the game. If purdy would not have fell on his bootleg, I think assalley would have gotten his shot.

Not sure how much further Purdy would have gotten since our LB was right there to make the tackle, but him falling didn't do you guys any favors that is for sure. What is Assalley's range?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Good to hear. It’s nothing personal, but if you’re going to act like a smug jerk I’m going to respond in kind.

Both teams were pretty much even in a ridiculous game. I’d like to move forward with civil discussion (CyTwins and Cat Stevens notwithstanding).

I really don’t care. I post here on dead times or breaks. I’m sitting here in ER killing time watching my elderly mom sleep and waiting on her prognosis. My standard rule is, if a poster comes on acting douchey I will fire it back and come harder. Act civil for a bit and I will probably respond accordingly. At this moment I don’t really care if someone thinks I’m a smug jerk. (Technically I pretty much never do, but right now I 100% don’t).

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

I mean you basically come across as a d!ck hole all the time so...

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not sure how much further Purdy would have gotten since our LB was right there to make the tackle, but him falling didn't do you guys any favors that is for sure. What is Assalley's range?

50 from what I’ve seen. Had a light wind so I felt comfortable with that.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
50 from what I’ve seen. Had a light wind so I felt comfortable with that.

Well as an Iowa fan I'm glad he never got the chance obviously. Seems like those kicks always go in against us. I was fully convinced that if ISU would have gotten the ball back, they were going to get in FG range. I was already sweating the idea of having to get a stop to win the game.

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019
I really don’t care. I post here on dead times or breaks. I’m sitting here in ER killing time watching my elderly mom sleep and waiting on her prognosis. My standard rule is, if a poster comes on acting douchey I will fire it back and come harder. Act civil for a bit and I will probably respond accordingly. At this moment I don’t really care if someone thinks I’m a smug jerk. (Technically I pretty much never do, but right now I 100% don’t).

Best of luck on the prognosis. Not that you care, but I’m only here because I’ve been off the last month or two and don’t start a new job until October (insert McDonald’s joke here). In a couple weeks you will all get your wish and I’ll be here much less frequently.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Best of luck on the prognosis. Not that you care, but I’m only here because I’ve been off the last month or two and don’t start a new job until October (insert McDonald’s joke here). In a couple weeks you will all get your wish and I’ll be here much less frequently.

Translation:

"I will probably post something really dumb that will get me banned in a few weeks and I will have to create a new account"

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
What have ya been doing up until now? Were you at a prestigious University?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
What have ya been doing up until now? Were you at a prestigious University?

I'll tell ya what he's been up to man.

two-accounts-at.jpg

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
And it looked like Linderbaum was going to rumble for a few yards too. Linderbaum has really been impressive so far. He could go down as all time great.
I thought Iowa's offensive line looked good and I thought Iowa State's offensive line looked good as well, which is not something I thought I'd be saying. That was probably one of the best performances they've had in awhile against a really good defensive line.

Reactions: AdamO

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I thought Iowa's offensive line looked good and I thought Iowa State's offensive line looked good as well, which is not something I thought I'd be saying. That was probably one of the best performances they've had in awhile against a really good defensive line.

I thought Iowa State's line looked good too and some of that was the scheme ISU runs and the other was that Purdy was really quick with his reads and throws. Outside of a few plays, Purdy was really good Saturday night.