WWE SummerSlam (2019)/NXT TakeOver: Toronto (2019)/NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff/AEW All Out Thread

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Main show starts

Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman (c) vs Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler for the Raw Tag Team titles

I'll have to go read about this one. I haven't seen the last few weeks of shows but this seems like a very odd choice to me.

edit: Also not a fan of having a non-tag team give up the tag team titles to another non-tag team, devalues it a bit I think.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'll have to go read about this one. I haven't seen the last few weeks of shows but this seems like a very odd choice to me.

It was. In the first place, the tag titles served as props to add fuel to the Universal title match. Second, you have an entire division of tag teams, yet you put two random people together to take the titles off Rollins and Strowman. Not upset by the result, just questioning who won it - then again, it's WWE. Logic and reason left the building a long time ago.

• Agree
Reactions: Farnsworth

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
It was. In the first place, the tag titles served as props to add fuel to the Universal title match. Second, you have an entire division of tag teams, yet you put two random people together to take the titles off Rollins and Strowman. Not upset by the result, just questioning who won it - then again, it's WWE. Logic and reason left the building a long time ago.

Exactly, not sure if you saw my edit but I thought the same thing. It has to piss off the actual tag team talent in the locker room.

Same with the women's division. The Iconics can be annoying but they came in as a true women's tag team, and had to give it up to two rando's they are trying to build as a team. Don't get me wrong a love Alexa Bliss (and her video, but that's for another day), but she should have stuck to singles and let the Women's Tag Team grow as an actual division. I assume it was just a way to get Nicki Cross over as they handled her so poorly when she came up to the bigs.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Rollins retains. It takes a major screwup by Strowman, 3 stomps (all which Strowman kicked out), a Pedigree, and a final stomp to beat him.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Ohhhh damn. We all should have known that was coming.

I would like to see heavy machinery get more solid matchups. They're quite entertaining.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Am I the only one that feels sorry for Braun at times he can't get a title around his waist (besides 2 gimmicky tag teams).

And I know people will say it's his mic skills, yada yada, but he's been such a major storyline for so long and he deserves to actually be the monster among men for once instead of called that then flame out, only to rinse and repeat.

• Agree
Reactions: hunttr82

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'd have rather seen the Fiend take out Strowman, then own him in a Hell in the Cell match to really build up him up.

I agree. I think it's just a little bit too soon to put The Fiend into title contention. His story is so good at the moment it doesn't need the help of a title. And Strowman would be an excellent victim.

Am I the only one that feels sorry for Braun at times he can't get a title around his waist (besides 2 gimmicky tag teams).

And I know people will say it's his mic skills, yada yada, but he's been such a major storyline for so long and he deserves to actually be the monster among men for once instead of called that then flame out, only to rinse and repeat.

It's starting to get to the point where he's being labeled this generation's Big Show - except Big Show won the title every so often. Ordinarily I'd say Strowman is one of those guys that doesn't need a title to be relevant, but since he's had title opportunities and lost nearly every single one (that wasn't a gimmick), he's lost all credibility and now it's to the point where he kind of needs one to be relevant.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I agree. I think it's just a little bit too soon to put The Fiend into title contention. His story is so good at the moment it doesn't need the help of a title. And Strowman would be an excellent victim.

It's starting to get to the point where he's being labeled this generation's Big Show - except Big Show won the title every so often. Ordinarily I'd say Strowman is one of those guys that doesn't need a title to be relevant, but since he's had title opportunities and lost nearly every single one (that wasn't a gimmick), he's lost all credibility and now it's to the point where he kind of needs one to be relevant.

I agree completely with this. Now the next part I may be making up in my mind.

I think lately the "lone wolf" type characters have been getting cheated out of things due to a variety of temporary alliances. It's not like the days past when they had multiple factions to take care of business and alter things. Braun always seems done under by outside interference. I understand they have had the Shield, New Day, and now the OE, but factions haven't played a big role in a long time, just those temp partnerships.

For god sakes, if I have to watch Andrade (who I think has the skills, so it's not that) win another match because Aleister's wife has to save him, I'm completely done with him. I feel bad for Zelina, come to WWE and she doesn't even get a chance to wrestle, just manage another and force him to change brands because of her husbands travel schedule.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I thought it was a pretty good show. The direction has been much better lately.

The only personal quarrel I have it with Kofi. I'm over it. He got his victory lap, let's move the belt. I was totally ready for sadistic Randy Orton to have a run here until they put the belt on Lesnar for FOX. Also, can anyone explain why we're protecting the weakest finisher in history? Trouble in Paradise is pretty pedestrian.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I thought it was a pretty good show. The direction has been much better lately.

The only personal quarrel I have it with Kofi. I'm over it. He got his victory lap, let's move the belt. I was totally ready for sadistic Randy Orton to have a run here until they put the belt on Lesnar for FOX. Also, can anyone explain why we're protecting the weakest finisher in history? Trouble in Paradise is pretty pedestrian.

I'm ready for Kofi to lose it, but glad it wasn't to Orton. I just can't stand Orton.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron