***Official Montgomery and Butler NFL Thread***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I swear that had Nagy utilized Montgomery (AND the rest of their running backs) more in the Packer's game, they would have won that game. I'm a Broncos fan and, while I am saddened to see Denver lose, I am thrilled for DM!

Yeah that game was so clunky that just getting some positive yardage went a long ways.

A little hard to see a QB only throw for 120 yards in today's NFL...but it make sense since it's the Bears and iirc they had a chance to get Mahomes.

Reactions: kentkel

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
No way the Bears should have been awarded that timeout. The receiver hit the ground with about 1/2 left. Trubisky or Nagy would have had to signal timeout, have an official see it and recognize it within that 1/2 second. It was pretty much the refs saying "we didn't actually see if a timeout was called before the clock hit 0, but the receiver went down with some time left we we're just going to assume a timeout was called."

I know in high school the Timeout has to be "acknowledged" (ie, seen) before it's awarded. Not sure what the NFL rule is. I wonder if the NFL allows timing of time outs to be reviewed?

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Other Cyclones in action today:

Jomal Wiltz had 4 tackles (3 solo) for the Dolphins vs. the Pats. (Lots of tackles to be had with the Pats' passing game shredding my Dolphins' secondary on about every play).

A.J. Klein had 5 tackles (2 solo) for the Saints vs. the Rams today.

I know A. Lazard dressed and played in the Pack's win vs. the Vikings but did not record any stats. He seems to be strictly special teams for now.

I'll check in the coming days on Football Outsiders to see snap counts for these guys, plus Osemele.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I checked snap counts on footballoutsiders.com to check on our guys in Week 2.

Osmele played 100% (68 snaps) of the Jets' offensive plays in wk 2. D Montgomery was tops among the Bears' RBs with 44% of snaps played (T. Cohen was 2nd with 38%). Allen Lazard again got 10 snaps with 9 on special teams and 1 offensive snap in wk 2. AJ Klein played 79% of the Saints' snaps with a total of 65 (2nd among NO's LBs). J Wiltz got 39 snaps (54%) for the "NFL team" named the Dolphins (my team since childhood but they only seem to have a JV this year).

Good luck to our guys today, including Willie Harvey, who will dress for the Browns.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Willie Harvey is wearing #56 tonight for the Browns, according to ESPN.com.

No receptions for Lazard today.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Final line for DM on MNF vs. Washington: 13 rushes for 67 yds (5.2 AVG). He had a 25-yd rush in the 2nd half, which I didn't see and cannot find on twitter. He had 3 catches for 14 yards as well. And knocked at least one blitzing LB on his backside when in pass protection mode.

Reactions: isutrevman

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Final line for DM on MNF vs. Washington: 13 rushes for 67 yds (5.2 AVG). He had a 25-yd rush in the 2nd half, which I didn't see and cannot find on twitter. He had 3 catches for 14 yards as well. And knocked at least one blitzing LB on his backside when in pass protection mode.

David chopped the blitzer into a defensive lineman, knocking both over. He effectively blocked two on the play and left the O-lineman standing there with nothing to do.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Caution: this is borderline erotica.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Sounds like Harvey got hurt today but had a tackle before going out.
Confirmed that he got credited for a solo tackle. Looks like he was hurt on kick-off coverage.

With him just getting onto the active roster due to injuries, let's hope this is not an ongoing issue so he can keep fighting for his place on the squad.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron