Offensive Line

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Did Uowa even get called for a penalty that resulted in yards outside of the last punt? They had a bad block in the back on two guys to get a 15-20 yard gain.

They had an intentional grounding and a false start. That's it until the last false start & delay of game.

The refs weren't calling anything on the lines except that really odd holding on us. Strange time to pull out the flag for a holding call, that's all I'm gonna say.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
They were fine against UNI. One sack on 41 attempts and a 4.5 ypc for the RBs.

They need the staff to call a good game and their teammates (TE, RBs, and Ourdy) to do their parts

So when Meeker got trucked on the two it was fine because it was a rb that got devoured not Purdy.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
JGJ complete neutralized epinessa a couple times I saw specifically. Got to give him credit. And that holding call was criminal, the guy spun himself to the ground. Makes me happy to know bruns agreed. Should have been a helmet hit penalty against d Jones in the 3rd.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
JGJ complete neutralized epinessa a couple times I saw specifically. Got to give him credit. And that holding call was criminal, the guy spun himself to the ground. Makes me happy to know bruns agreed. Should have been a helmet hit penalty against d Jones in the 3rd.

JGJ totally won the battle against Epenesa.

How many total plays did they go up against one another, and Epenesa's name was mentioned maybe a couple times all game, but no sacks.

In fact here's Epenesa's line for the night...... 1 tackle, no TFL's, no sacks, and 1 QB hurry. Totallly neutralized by JGJ. I was really happy with the OL.

And Meeker did great too btw. Iowa's DL did very little all night. The one hold against Meeker was just him completely dominating the DE according to Bruns.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
JGJ totally won the battle against Epenesa.

How many total plays did they go up against one another, and Epenesa's name was mentioned maybe a couple times all game, but no sacks.

In fact here's Epenesa's line for the night...... 1 tackle, no TFL's, no sacks, and 1 QB hurry. Totallly neutralized by JGJ. I was really happy with the OL.

And Meeker did great too btw. Iowa's DL did very little all night. The one hold against Meeker was just him completely dominating the DE according to Bruns.
It was similar to the UNI game. Actually, UNI held this offense to less points.

Production but ineffective. We’ve got to stop stepping on our own dicks. That goes for the staff’s directionless play calling as much as the players.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Which is confusing as hell for me considering the things the refs let go from both lines earlier in the game. The singular holding they call throughout this entire game wasn't a hold.
exactly Iowa got away with much worse more obvious to anyone holds yet we get called for one nobody could see? is there even a replay video of it?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
We won the trenches today and still lost the game. That's depressing because it feels like you should have won.
We’re throwing darts blindfolded on offense.

The DE falls to the ground after being shoved by Knipfel but the ref thought Meeker grabbed and tossed him. Bad call.

It’s true.
Many breaks had to go right for Iowa to win. It’s like how many things had to go right for UNI to make it to 3OT. Only difference is we recovered our turnover against UNI.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Mildly surprised that the OL wasn't ****. I thought the reason we would lose this game would be due to pass pro. Turns out we loss bc of the same old mental breakdowns.

At the beginning of MC tenure it was encouraging, Yay we aren't losing due to lack of talent or scheme. At year 4 it's frustrating and mystifying.

Help Support Us

Become a patron