*** Official #19 Iowa VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
2014 Iowa was a joke. They had to be to lose to our joke of a team in Kinnick that year

2011 Iowa wasn't very good either.

That was two 6-6 teams playing a really fun game, but it was two 6-6 teams.

I'm hoping ISU can make some gains or we're looking at something like the 2005 or 2012 seasons that left a lot out there.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It’s also tough to out ball control Iowa. That’s why I wish we’d change up our game plan SLIGHTLY for this game and maybe stop punting inside their 40.
It’s not that tough, but that’s not how we win. 6 straight games with more turnovers than the opponent. Only 3 times in the last 17 games have we won the turnover battle (and 1 of those was a loss). Average special teams.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Better team lost tonight. It sucks but we move on. Played so much better than we did against Purple Iowa which is a great sign for the rest of the season. Kept AJ in check pretty much all game and essentially made him a non-factor other than a few QB hurries, which was very impressive. **** Iowa. We’ll get ‘em next year.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Very Iowa State day. Pre-season hype and even a ranking, talk of Big 12 champion game, College Game Day...national attention abounds. Good things we’ve been waiting for are coming...

Nah...time to reset expectations. Unfortunately it’s after only the second game.

Big XII championship game was never in the cards for this team, I dunno where people come up with that.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Did anyone go back to see the hold on that 4th down. I can’t but I’d be curious to see how obvious of a hold it was. There is a hold on every play, why call it there?
I did. You can see the play from two camera angles, and they show both during replays. As I stated earlier, it wasn’t a hold. Their DE falls down after a chip block from our TE. Unfortunately #74 goes down with him, making it appear like a hold.

Edit: after re-watching, it wasn't a TE. It was #66 coming over from the RG position to help out. He shoves the DE down. Definitely wasn't a hold.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
man some of you need some serious perspective...That Iowa team..down a few key DB's will likely win the BIG west this year or come darn close...they will be approaching the TOp 15 in polls next week for a reason..They are a good team.

As much as we make fun of Stanley he made the plays when needed on 3rd down and we didn't.

Yes we are a team that has a small margin of error but most teams are like that.

ISU OL played 1000% better today...ISU defense, for most part, played really well.

ISU doesn't have that Purdy fumble in first half and I think they go down and score as they were rolling down the field. THat totally changes game IMO.

Get over yourselves...This ISU program is light years better than any other ISU regime and its not close.

You lost me on the bolded.

ISU for depth, overall talent etc. is better than I've seen it but if it's not utilized correctly it doesn't matter.

At 14-6 it was time to put it on Iowa and instead ISU ****ed around until it was too late, and then continued to at the end.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
man some of you need some serious perspective...That Iowa team..down a few key DB's will likely win the BIG west this year or come darn close...they will be approaching the TOp 15 in polls next week for a reason..They are a good team.

Share what your smoking, Iowa is not a top 20 team.

As much as we make fun of Stanley he made the plays when needed on 3rd down and we didn't.

Yes we are a team that has a small margin of error but most teams are like that.

ISU OL played 1000% better today...ISU defense, for most part, played really well.

ISU doesn't have that Purdy fumble in first half and I think they go down and score as they were rolling down the field. THat totally changes game IMO.

Get over yourselves...This ISU program is light years better than any other ISU regime and its not close.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Big XII championship game was never in the cards for this team, I dunno where people come up with that.
It was because we returned a lot of our defense and ignored the fact we lost two of our 3 best offensive players. Turns out it's really damn hard to replace people like Butler and Monty! Honestly we were always closer to 7-5 or 8-4 than 10-2 like some thought. Thats still not bad given what our record usually is

Cyclone_Power

Oct 23, 2006
Minneapolis
Left to drive home after the phantom holding call, knowing it was likely over. Coming home to pop on the DVR and see 2 idiots collide with each other on the punt was the icing on the cake. Hilarious. This team could not have made anymore f*ckups in the last 8 minutes of a game

• Dislike
Reactions: JP4CY

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Really? You see this team in the championship game challenging OU? What are you seeing that others are not?

I see our starting QB isn't going to be dismissed in a cloud of smoke right before we go to Norman. This team has just as good of chance as the one two years ago. We already have the defense for it, and actually I'm encouraged by the play of the offensive line. That is one of the best D lines Iowa has had in some time, and they handled it fairly well. Anything is possible with this team if they clean up the little things.

Reactions: jcyclonee

Help Support Us

Become a patron