Pollard: big announcement coming soon

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
But he said it the result of the game may matter. Has to be football related, right?
Which is why a Campbell extension would make sense. Or an increase to his assistants to keep his coaching staff stable. If teams can't pluck Campbell, then they'll go after some of his assisstants.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I always thought they would end up selling that Iowa State basketball facility to ALL Iowa Attack and getting an on campus attached to Hilton facility, meanwhile getting Hilton a major overhall. Hopefully they don't change what Hilton is and just add to it.

Last i remembered, most of the team was generally living in west ames (as are a large chunk of the student body) and that area was more convenient for them than something on campus.

An on-campus facility may look nice for fans, but an off campus facility close to where the kids are living may be more convenient for them, particularly if they want to go in and do some work late at night.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
For what it’s worth - it’s not “funny” it’s true

Ban me if I’m wrong

If true, what will this building primarily be used for? Just the same thing (event space and possible hotel) or something different?

It surprises me if so, if only because that isnt really an athletics department building now (which is why we don't get stage door every game), and i assume that event space would need to be replicated in the new building?

I've always been surprised a hotel hasnt been part of the Iowa State Center complex though (or really that there arent many hotels near campus in general given family and prospective student visits and whatnot),

• Winner
Reactions: jmeeksISU

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
If true, what will this building primarily be used for? Just the same thing (event space and possible hotel) or something different?

It surprises me if so, if only because that isnt really an athletics department building now (which is why we don't get stage door every game), and i assume that event space would need to be replicated in the new building?

I've always been surprised a hotel hasnt been part of the Iowa State Center complex though (or really that there arent many hotels near campus in general given family and prospective student visits and whatnot),

It is own by the athletic department

What I was told - meeting was last night

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Oh good, this site needed something to obsess over and speculate about. It's been pretty dead around here.

Guest picker
location of CGD.
How many hoks will be at the game.
TV ratings
Bus greeting crowds.
ISU's first play.
DirectTV

Fun week!

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Which is why a Campbell extension would make sense. Or an increase to his assistants to keep his coaching staff stable. If teams can't pluck Campbell, then they'll go after some of his assisstants.

Those are good things that could happen but I don’t see the W or L changing our perception of that. If we win and that happens even better. If we lose then that’s something good after a loss to the Hoks

Help Support Us

Become a patron