Who will be the guest picker?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Gene wojahowski from game day is hanging out with Dan Mccarney right now.. so either Dan is going to be the first picker or they are doing a story on Iowa State history and how it has changed

• Informative
Reactions: skibumspe and NWICY

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I just had a thought guys. Is Marky Mark still sponsored by Hy Vee?

We could have Dirk Diggler as our gameday picker for the W.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Seneca could make sense. Lots of college football fans remember The Run.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
It'll be awesome if they pick someone near and dear to Cyclone hearts then when they do the grand unveil, a hush falls over the country and everyone mutters - "WHO?"

• Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Do they? I have a hard time believing that many people outside of ISU fans remember who Seneca is.

Yeah, lets face it, we remember the run more than other fanbases would. Because we've generally sucked or been mediocre at best since then until the last couple years. At a lot of other programs 'the run' would be just one of many great plays historically, and most people outside of iowa state fans forgot about that play about a week after it happened in 2002

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Not following you on how I'm confused.

Did everyone from Los Angeles to New York and their dog not know it was going to be Matthew McConaughey as soon as Austin was Game Day? If guest picker is as big of a deal as we are making it, it is because ESPN has marketed it correctly. Do you really think they will let Seneca Wallace hold their coveted title to Celebrity Picker. My point is we know and love him, yes. Maybe 2 people in Seattle remember he was a back up quarterback for a few years. But to think ESPN, who is kind of pretty good at what they do, is going to waste an opportunity to capture attention nationwide just to throw a bone to the local Ames fan base isnt going to happen.

Again, I hope I eat crow for halftime of the game.

"waste an opportunity to capture attention nationwide". That's my point. It's not that important. Not to us. Not to ESPN. It's interesting, not important.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I'm not advocating for any of those, I just know how ESPN works. They'll want someone the majority of their viewing audience actually knows. Sadly, most of our beloved ISU athletes and local celebrities won't really move the needle for the national audience.

This is too true. While it'd be great to have someone who has ISU ties, the fact still remains this is ESPN's nation-wide show that it's trying to pull in national ratings.

There just isn't many who have ISU ties that would move ESPN's needle.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
My bad if it's already been addressed but will we all the name (hope it is Seneca) on Thursday?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron