So, are we going with the Black uniforms for this one?

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I sure hope not. I think wearing black uniforms this early in the season when it's so hot out is asking for trouble. Anyone who has worn a black shirt on a bright, sunny hot day knows what I'm talking about.

Living in Arizona, it cracks me up that anyone would think 77 degrees is "too hot" for anything. That's jacket weather out here...we don't even see 77 at night most of the time (109 yesterday for a high). On a 77 degree, jersey color really won't have an effect on stamina. On the other hand, it would make Hawkeye brains explode...seems well worth it to me!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
While it would be funny to see hawk fans heads explode, gotta go with red. I thought I saw they were busting out chrome red helmets?
Loved the Liberty red chromers.
So if they do have red chrome they should be new ones because of the equipment sale?

Reactions: aauummm

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Living in Arizona, it cracks me up that anyone would think 77 degrees is "too hot" for anything. That's jacket weather out here...we don't even see 77 at night most of the time (109 yesterday for a high). On a 77 degree, jersey color really won't have an effect on stamina. On the other hand, it would make Hawkeye brains explode...seems well worth it to me!
Temperatures are different here and there.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Stick to HR old man.

Reactions: CyArob

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Stick to HR old man.

Well...I'm old. And a man. But I'm sure as hell not sticking to HR, though they do entertain me over there on the topic of this upcoming game. They're in the midst of a deep panic over ISU football right now. Wearing the blacks would just tweek that panic enough to generate true hysteria amongst the Hawkeye faithful.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Dig into some old closet and find the OG 'Beat Iowa' jerseys and go wild.