Truck buying recommendations

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Then you haven't driven a 3.5L ecoboost.
Guess I didn't feel much of a difference. The 3.5 would've been my preference but when I bought later in the year, all the 3.5s with the options/color/trim/etc. that I wanted were hard to find... I couldn't find them.

Tip for anyone looking to buy an F150 soon... Jeff Belzer Ford in New Prague, MN will beat any dealership in the DSM metro buy a mile on price. Yes, that's even after the drive up and back. Not even close. Road trip up there and stop at Cabela's in Owatonna on the way back with a new truck!

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Trucks are crazy expensive to put miles on. I am currently looking for a 70s or 80s era truck as a project and to use when I need to haul something. Waaaaay more cost efficient even though I use trucks to haul **** a lot..

This is exactly what I did/doing. 1986 Ford F350xl dually with 7.5 liter gas. It's from central Texas, body is original and solid, mechanicals are sound.......just looks 1980's. It only gets 10 mpg.....maybe 11 if I get out and push. But that is peanuts when there is no payment, low insurance and considering it's a non-catalyst no computers model, cheap and easy to work on. And with the onslaught/demand for classic cars/trucks.....parts are easy to find considering how old it is. One of these days I would like to get back into a newer model, but for now this old thing is just the ticket.

• Winner
Reactions: AgronAlum and 0u812

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Love my 2018 F-150 Platinum. Got the 3.5 EB and it has a ton of power. Hard to beat heated, cooled and massaging seats.

The safety features are awesome as well.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
If you get the Dodge Ram make sure you flip your towing mirrors up so you fit in with the rest of the Ram owners.
C1iIo7X.jpg

look-at-me-im-a-dodge-20737917.png

0u812

Jan 14, 2012
This is coming from a GM guy, but if you can find one of those without rust issues, you're either really lucky or a liar.
vauEUgn.gif

Neither lucky or a liar.

I currently have like 5 of them without a spec of rust.....but, I live in Oregon where they don't salt the roads. I know how the trucks look in the midwest....ouch. I have often considered shipping rust free trucks back that way, but not sure it will pencil out. They would have to be more expensive than book value often, and people dont save enough $$ up to pay for one cash most times....

• Friendly
Reactions: NickTheGreat

omar34

Mar 8, 2017
I've just bought my 3rd Dodge Ram which is better than the first 2, owned my 2nd one for 17 years between me and my son! Just bought the Laramie edition and love it! Rides like a dream! Has the 5.7 Hemi and love the power it has! Would recommend Ram for sure! The cab is so quiet and has been compared to Cadillac for comfort and just overall appearance with supple leather and great features! Did I say I love it?!

Last edited:

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
Wait to see what Tesla offers...news should be released soon. I don't think any ICE truck can compete with the torque you'd get from electric motors.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron